The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Brian Joubert Good Vibes thread: From the Ashes a Hero Shall Rise

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ah Brian, I am so sad for you :cry: . I can't say I'm entirely surprised though...I mean he's already the best looking guy out there if he was the best skater out there too he'd be almost TOO perfect :laugh:. I just hope he goes out there tomorrow and does a great LP, I like his LP much better than his SP and he definitely has a shot at pulling up to make a respectable top 10 finish. I hope Tomas and Jeremy do the same, all three have nothing to lose and everything to gain so I hope they skate up to their potential and show the audience what their skating is REALLY like!

Anyone know if Joubert is planning on retiring after this season? Will he stick around for another Olympics? If he retires I'll miss him SO much.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
For someone who is fluent in French, I felt all the disappointment and hopelessness in Joubert....Even though I am not a particular fan of his, I cant help but feel bad for him :(

Ximena

Final Flight
The "I won't make it, I won't make it" in the K&C was the most heartbreaking thing I've seen so far, he was so dissapointed!

I really hope he does well, he is such a good skater.

victoria90

On the Ice
Anyone know if Joubert is planning on retiring after this season? Will he stick around for another Olympics? If he retires I'll miss him SO much.

I recall reading an interview where he said he wasn't ready to stop competing just yet... I hope he doesn't retire :(

Anyway, I wish him the best. I really hope he can skate lights out tomorrow. As a big fan of him I've been waiting this Olympics for so long, waiting for his dream to come true... meh, the SP last night was horrible for all of my favorites (Brian, Tomas and Jeremy)... maybe I'm jinxing them lol

Medusa

Record Breaker
The Boss of French figure skating is talking here.

Such an idiot. Someone else can translate, I won't translate stupid stuff like that.

schiele

Final Flight

Such an idiot. Someone else can translate, I won't translate stupid stuff like that.

Medusa, that was what I was referring to in the Men's SP thread with Didier being unforgiving and putting severe pressure on his skaters. It looks like he's making an ultimatum with Brian, if you want to continue, train as I do see fit. Is there any other way to see it? I don't know what kinda enforcibility he thinks he has but this is not nice coming from someone who is supposed to support you. No wonder so many fench skaters changed nationality, with the uttermost example being Contesti.

Buttercup

Record Breaker

Please, Speedy, suspend him again. :mad:

DG is such a total loss as a person. If he didn't like Brian's choices, why didn't he say something at the time? Three weeks isn't enough to train? You don't say - should they have postponed Olys then? And obviously if things had worked out for Brian, DG would have taken the credit for all the decisions he's trashing. I hope Raymonde Joubert lays down the law to him and that he doesn't get his greedy hands on the adorable Florent. What a loser.

Wicked

Final Flight
Didn't Didier give Brian this ultimatum before the season started? Just ignore him, Brian.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I had a dream last night that Joubert nailed his LP, with 2 quads, and then did a backflip and took off his shirt at the end. He won the gold :D and all the other favorites had a splatfest.

lcd

Match Penalty
He looked like he gave up after the Quad, and that to me was the most disappointing. Not that I could have done or thought any different or better, but just wished he could have shown more fight all the way through.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I had a dream last night that Joubert nailed his LP, with 2 quads, and then did a backflip and took off his shirt at the end. He won the gold :D and all the other favorites had a splatfest.

I had a similar dream that he landed 3 quads, skated brilliantly and came away with the gold!!!! I heard Le Marselle!!! If enough of us believe and have this dream then it should come true!!!

It is my olympic dream that he comes away with this, with a medal!!!!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Reading some posts here has warmed me. I have been too upset for Brian to post anything about it. I really care about Brian, and I am too afraid of perhaps adding to the pressure on him unintentionally by anything I might write. Of course, I should love to see him come back in the free skate and skate as we know he can, but whatever he does, I support him.

You are one of the few brave enough to take the big risks, Brian. That in itself is glorious, mon brave.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Love Brian, and we have the same birthday, so I feel connected to him :). He broke my heart yesterday, but I guess having Verner and Abbott join him in the dog house might make it a little easier for all of them to swallow; it is the Olympics after all, and the pressure is intense. Wishing all three the best tomorrow. No matter what the outcome, Brian, all your fans will still love you!

schiele

Final Flight
I found this mea culpa article of Brian this morning. The google translator is doing a terrible job, maybe someone would like to help
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/103126/joubert-je-nai-pas-assez-travaille/
He talks about some personal issue dating back to two years that changed his approach and personality, he admits not training properly and talks about possiblity of not being there in Torino for worlds if I understand it correctly (impossible with the trasnlator.)
Great start to my morning! :frown::frown:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I like Brian and have agreed with him in the past that skaters have been under-rewarded for the quad and that some skaters, including Buttle and Chan, have harmed men's skating by not doing it.

I wanted him to do well here, but his swearing about the Olympics in the K&C was a bit unprofessional, and detracts from the Spirit of the Games.

I hope he will be more positive from this point on.

leruiz

Rinkside
I hope Joubert skates the LP of his life if nothing just to prove himself that he can do it. I was so sad about the SP but hope that he can put that behind him. I'll be cheering for him tomorrow.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I listened and read both interviews, and here's what I think.

I don't agree with Didier about Brian generally not working for this medal. Brian hit the nail on the head when he said that he should have worked as from July. The truth is, straigt after Turin Brian started working towards his objective. He has matured a lot, he has tried to adapt to the system (maybe a bit too much), he has worked on his weaknesses. My opinion is that the problems really came when he split from JCS. Firstly the main problem seemed to be that JCS wasn't good at strategic thinking during competitions. But Brian said that there were other training problems too - I'm surprised, but I'm not going to contradict him. The split was quite ugly because the first person to mention was Didier, and Didier can be quite harsh. And as usual, Brian followed-up. Then there was the issue of finding a new coach. Brian Orser seemed an obvious choice - his personnality his perfect for Babou. The problem was he didn't want to leave his home town, and I can understand that. If a skater doesn't feel well in their personnal life, then they can't be good on the ice. Maybe he should have tried to have some arrangement with Orser like Mao has with TaT. But we don't know what exaclty was said during the negociations so it's impossible to know upon what basis Brian made his decision. The real problem was, I believe and maybe I am wrong, chosing Laurent Depouilly. The two have worked together before and it didn't work - mainly because of the immaturity of both at the time. Brian has definitly matured since then and Laurent probably has too. However Brian needs somebody whose personnal strength makes them more imposing than Brian - he needs that kind of presence. And Laurent just doesn't fit that description. I'm not sureeither that he's the kind of coach for a world champ.
Didier has been a huge rock for Brian over the years, but sometimes I feel as if he can be a drawback. His strong personnality and his honesty are good things, but I really don't think that more or less giving Brian an ultimatum or making certain issues public are very good ideas.
I agree that Brian should stay with D/S, at least for next season. What's interesting is that Didier mentioned that there was talk of getting Brian to work with Kurt again. I think it's useless to speculate on the whole Brian/Kurt thing as there are loads of rumours, but if iwhat Didier said is true then's it's a real shame that it didn't happen as Kurt would have been that mental strength that Brian needed.
I'm not surprised that Brian has had personnal issues, I suspected as much. I don't know what they are and I'm certainly not going to speculate on his private life, but maybe going abroad a bit would have been a good thing.

schiele

Final Flight
I agree that Brian should stay with D/S, at least for next season. What's interesting is that Didier mentioned that there was talk of getting Brian to work with Kurt again. I think it's useless to speculate on the whole Brian/Kurt thing as there are loads of rumours, but if iwhat Didier said is true then's it's a real shame that it didn't happen as Kurt would have been that mental strength that Brian needed.

Natacha, I mostly agree with you although I am not going to speculate on the coaching part cos I don't know what the training environment was like with either coaches. I very much agree with your comments about Browning. If, after this point, things can be patched up with him, I feel he really can provide Brian the wisdom and stability he needs right now after such an epic fail at his golden dream.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Hey, this was supposed to be a thread to cheer up those of us who like Brian, and it's become decidedly non-cheerful! I am therefore going to go with some nostalgia and cuteness in the hopes of putting us back on track and restoring the cosmic balance in Brian favor. :)

So, to get to the point: an old fluff I found on Youtube - isn't that adorable?