18. Brezina Michal (Cze) 9

Warm-up Group 4
19. Lysacek Evan (USA) 2
20. Oda Nobunari (Jpn) 4
21. Lambiel Stephane (Sui) 5
22. Takahashi Daisuke (Jpn) 3
23. Weir Johnny (USA) 6
24. Plushenko Evgeni (Rus) 1

My prediction: the three tied at the top now all make mistakes, with Takahashi melting down the most. Plushenko hangs onto gold, Oda or Lambiel slip in for silver, and Evan gets bronze.

Trewyn

Medalist
My hopes for the FS:
- KVDP skates his best and ends up top 10
- One of Oda, Weir or Lambiel pushes either Lysacek or Plushenko off the podium :)
- Jeremy, Brian and Tomas redeem themselves and set the groundwork for kicking *** in Turin

ARipp42014

Medalist
i guess Group 3 will be the last group of the next olympic.

Almost! Switch KVDP with Rippon (or Fernandez as a dark horse) and you got Sochi's final flight. Can't wait for that group (except for Robin van der Hood)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dream podium now is:

1. Lambiel
2. Takahashi
3. Oda

My realistic podium is:

1. Plushenko
2. Lambiel
3. Lysacek

My hopes for the FS:
- One of Oda, Weir or Lambiel pushes either Lysacek or Plushenko off the podium :)
- Jeremy, Brian and Tomas redeem themselves and set the groundwork for kicking *** in Turin

Absolutely agree with you! :agree::love::clap:

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm mad that NBC didn't show us Javier Fernandez's SP. :scowl:

Last edited:

Alatariel

On the Ice
Are we starting already? But I can't break out the liquor now!

Anyway, I say...

Plushenko
Lysacek
Lambiel

though I would prefer

Plushenko
Lambiel
Lysacek ... if it has to be him...

screech

Final Flight
Dream:
1. Verner
2. Chan
3. Oda

Realistic
1. Lysacek (I think he's going to skate lights out like he did at Worlds last year)
2. Plushenko (I think he'll be clean but cautious)
3. Dai (good but not perfect, 5th in the LP but 3rd overall)

Chan and Nobu will be 4th and 5th but I don't know what order - I think they'll be 3rd and 4th in the LP in some order and finish just off the podium)

Alex

On the Ice
Wow, Plushenko skating last. Which means that if some of the other skate clean, he will have the opportunity to try a second quad etc. He is not in the shape he was 4 years ago, and I don't think that he can win just on reputation. He has to really struggle for it, but of course, he is still the favourite. My money is on Lysacek for a clean skate, and on Lambiel on being the most possible medalist coming from behind.. Which means that Takahashi is going off the podium, but then again, if someone can beat a relatively clean Plushenko, it is Takahashi, not Lysacek. Wow, so complex. I can't wait.

*Plushenko skating last. Not in the best shape of his career. Some injury problems I heard. A really lame long program. I suspect a Slutskaya in 2006 Olympics case, so many similarities....

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
My dream podium now is:

1. Lambiel
2. Takahashi
3. Oda

My realistic podium is:

1. Plushenko
2. Lambiel
3. Lysacek

Absolutely agree with you! :agree::love::clap:

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm mad that NBC didn't show us Javier Fernandez's SP. :scowl:

I can't sleep but Javi's performance is now on nbcolympics.com. :)

Anyway, dream (now that the SP is done):
1) Daisuke
2) Stephane
3) Evan

Reality
1) Plushy
2) Evan
3) Stephane

However, if Evan wins, I'll be okay with it.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
realistic podium
Plushenko
Lysacek
Lambiel

dream podium
PLushenko
Lambiel
Takahashi/Weir

I hope takahashi doesn't feel the pressure! I have this main fear!

And I really don't get Evan (7.95 in transitions....c'mon! he isn't better than plushenko, + give some - Goe on those telegraphed jumps!), among the american my favourite was Abbott, and now for the podium I'll support Weir

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Anyone who rules out Stephane Lambiel for a medal is IMO delusional. Stephane is not a strong SP skater, because the lack of a 3A really hurts him, but he can rack up some points in the LP. The judges love him because he's interesting and musical; they were pretty generous with him yesterday, all things considered. And a six point difference is nothing, it's easy to make that up with a good LP.

My dream podium is not going to happen. My more realistic, current dream podium includes Dai, Johnny, and Plushenko - I never thought I'd pick the latter, but he's been trashed in the NA media so much it's almost like cheering on an underdog. I'd be okay with Lambiel, too, and I hope Jeremy and Brian will skate better than all of them and leave with at least some good memories.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think Lambiel can hop on top of podium without even his best skate. Six marks gap is nothing. He had much bigger gap in Euros from the rest and he almost reached Plush's Lp score there who had just one doubled jump. The rest I dont know. I m afraid of Dai, how he will do. And it didnt look to me like the judges want to give the gold to Plushy with joy,Goe was low, so he has to be perfect and more than that in Lp. He maybe lose even only by pcs scores. But I dont care anymore. The thing is he went out and did what he can do. I lm fine with that. It was a dream cometrue. I hope he medals. But I have Lambiel almost sure thing on podium. And he skates in good position.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Almost! Switch KVDP with Rippon (or Fernandez as a dark horse) and you got Sochi's final flight. Can't wait for that group (except for Robin van der Hood)

Same here! Sochi will be absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see how Ten, Rippon and Florent, in particular, will amaze us in 2014 :)

Smuusik

Rinkside
What I am hoping for:

1. E. Plushenko (and a dumbfounded NBC alongside all the trashtalkers... even if only for a moment)
2. S. Lambiel
3. M. Brezina

What I am afraid of will happen:

1. E. Lysacek
2. D. Takahashi
3. E. Plushenko

evangeline

Record Breaker
Anyone who rules out Stephane Lambiel for a medal is IMO delusional. Stephane is not a strong SP skater, because the lack of a 3A really hurts him, but he can rack up some points in the LP. The judges love him because he's interesting and musical; they were pretty generous with him yesterday, all things considered. And a six point difference is nothing, it's easy to make that up with a good LP.

Definitely, I have a gut feeling that Lambiel's going to move up to a medal spot, especially since Takahashi may very well implode based on his inconsistency. That being said, I'd rather have Plush or Lysacek implode, but realistically, that's much less likely to happen. My dream podium (Lambiel-Abbott-Takahashi) is obviously blown out of the water barring a complete splatfest and, I don't know, a cholera epidemic hitting the top 10 or something. I have a feeling it's going to be a Plushenko-Lysacek-Lambiel podium on Thursday.

I so totally need some stiff liquor tomorrow night.

And preferably a sedative too.

Enero

On the Ice
What I am afraid of will happen:

1. E. Lysacek
2. D. Takahashi
3. E. Plushenko

I think this is exactly what will happen. Well, sort of. LOL. I think Lysacek is going to take gold. Plushy will win the silver and Lambiel will slip in for the bronze. There's no way Lambiel won't be on the podium. Takahashi will slip between 4th and 6th.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I think this is exactly what will happen. Well, sort of. LOL. I think Lysacek is going to take gold. Plushy will win the silver and Lambiel will slip in for the bronze. There's no way Lambiel won't be on the podium. Takahashi will slip between 4th and 6th.

I am a huge Lambiel fan, and I have a gut feeling that he's going to make the podium....BUT I think this may be tempting the skategods a bit too much. It really depends on which Lambiel will show up at the LP--Lambiel at 2006 Worlds (yay!) or Lambiel, 2008 worlds-version. Lambiel, as beautiful a skater he is, is not exactly the paragon of consistency. And he's 6 points back of 2 skaters who are, on the other hand, well-known for their consistency.

Buzzz

Final Flight
I have been following Plushy's career ever since I saw him win the world juniors in South Korea. I remember they showed a short clip of him during the last junior worlds where he was 6th. I have been a fan ever since. :)

So here is my dream podium finish:

1. Plushy
2) Takahashi
3) Lysacek/Weir

JuliusFelix

Rinkside
Love how this is turning into a dream podium thread - at least in the opener!

I really cannot decide if I want it to go Plush - Lysacek - Lambiel/Takahashi, or Lysacek - Lambiel/Takahashi - Plush.

I will be very happy so long as the podium is made up of those 4, though.

dannyascii

On the Ice
I think it will be Plushenko, Lysacek and Takahashi/Oda/ maybe Lambiel. If this were 2007, I'd say Takahashi would probably win, but he has not regained the form he once had. Plushenko and Lysacek perform fairly well under pressure and I feel less nervous watching Evan's 3A now; I'd be surprised if one of them had a meltdown. I think for the top three to change, one of them would really have to implode and some other skater have the skate of their lives; I really only see that happening with Takahashi losing it and Oda or Lambiel really bringing their A game.

Or Brian Joubert pulling +3 GOEs on everything and pulling into 3rd...poor guy...