Pang and Tong Announce Relationship | Golden Skate

Pang and Tong Announce Relationship

ARipp42014

Medalist
About darn time! :) :love: Now retire, get married (have Shen & Zhao as your Matron Of Honor and Best Man) and have a baby Tong!

Fae

Rinkside
AW!!!!

I wonder when they got together? It must be the reason why their chemistry suddenly got so much better :) :)

screech

Final Flight
AW!!!!

I wonder when they got together? It must be the reason why their chemistry suddenly got so much better :) :)

From the article aftertherain posted...

A professional pair for the past 16 years, the two realized their dreams of an Olympic medal in this their possibly last Winter Olympic competition on Monday. But a possible end to their skating careers will not end their lives together: The duo finally admitted their love for each other after the competition.
So it seems it's pretty new! So romantic though.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for them, both with their medal & their relationship. May their lives continue to be successful & happy.:love:

sillylionlove

Medalist
This news does not surprise me. I have to to say that I was happier for them finally winning a medal then Shen and Zhao winning the gold!! Congrats to them.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
So sweet... my collegue was raving about them after the pairs competition and I kep saying "and she loves him" always glad to be right.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep. have a baby tong and a baby shen. pair them up. FUTURE OLYMPICS CHAMPIONS!

Great minds think alike. I had the same thought. I wouldn't be surprised if s/z made a baby their next project, especially given that they are in their mid-30's, but I do hope they don't hang up their skates for good.

As for Pang and Tong, we'll see where it leads, but I hope they end up happy either together and/or apart. After all, it is natural to date people you work with, but it doesn't always work out.

lcd

Match Penalty
Not a surprise, but wonderful all the same. Funny how the baby-pairing thought immediately popped into all of our heads ;-)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Lovely news. Thank you, screech :)

I have always liked Pang and Tong for their delicate, lyrical style. It felt good to see them skating as they used to again. They have worked hard for their reward, and I hope they will be very happy together. :)

feraina

Record Breaker
They are lovely skaters and wonderful people. I'm so happy for them. Though I always suspected they were a couple, because of the blog entries and photos Tong has been posting for years. I wish them a very happy life together! :love:

feraina

Record Breaker
I just watched their LP again (thank you, NBC!). Did anyone see how truly *happy* Pang looked the moment she stepped onto the ice, even before their opening pose? Pairs ladies always smile a lot more than singles ladies skaters, but her smiles looked really sincere, like she could barely contain her happiness, and she really wants to share it with the whole world. She just looked so happy, secure, like a woman in love. Maybe I am just a romantic, but it's as though he proposed to her earlier that day and professed his undying love no matter how the skating went -- that they had a whole life time of happiness to look forward to afterwards. What else can make a woman look so happy and relaxed during the free skate of an Olympics that she's devoted her whole life to thus far? ;) And by the way, a Chinese couple would not announce a relationship publicly unless they intend to get married. And traditionally, Chinese brides wear red dresses, and grooms wear red robes. Their FS costumes are very red -- could be a coincidence, but if they're getting married then it seems very fitting. Chinese fans are already congratulating them on their marriage. I'm so excited for them. They are not technically as perfect as S/Z, but their skating at its best, as it was at these Olympics, touches my heart more deeply. So happy for them! :clap:

And I'm guessing they will retire this season, might even be before the worlds. They skated two perfect programs, the best in their lives. I can see them leaving competitive skating on such a high note. It'd be hard for them to beat these two performances at World's, and they have won World's already.

Last edited: