Chan, Stojko & other Canadians discuss the men's event | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Chan, Stojko & other Canadians discuss the men's event

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Ooh Patrick, you did not! Gurl you in danger. You can piss off the Plushenko and Joubert stans, but you do not want to mess with the Weir-dos. They will beat you to death with their fluffy handbags.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
so he unwittingly provided fuel for those who like to stir up controversy ,and those who are wanting to dislike him ; wanting to take him in the worst possible context ; wanting an excuse to denigrate his abilities..particularly if their favourites don't shine in the same areas.

:agree: Thank-You!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Instead of just climbing onto the silver podium, he ran across all three so he could step on the gold medalist podium. And this is the guy people are crying over, if I had my way he shouldn't of got any medal. Such a bad representation of the sport and the Russia Federation!

:laugh: That's just really funny. Patrick is at least a teenager and can get away with some angsty behavior but I'm surprised Plush did that. I still think Patrick seems like a nice kid but maybe I'm biased because I'm his age and know that most 19 year old boys are pieces of work.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/news/newsid=47003.html#chan+weir+be+professional+kiss+cry

"If you were watching yesterday, Johnny Weir put the flowers on (his) head," Chan said.

"That's like a big no-no. You don't do that. You have to have some kind of professionalism and that's just kind of- you're making fun and you know, giving it a bad image, I think, in my mind.

"It's something that you don't do. You're supposed to be proper."

So now Patrick "Miss Manners" Chan is giving etiquette advice. What a jerk! As if Johnny Weir cares about what Notorious Bigmouth has to say.

When will Chan ever learn to zip his lip and stop talking about other competitors? It just is rude, stupid and infantile.

UM84

On the Ice

silverlake22

Record Breaker

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I love it when skaters do funny stuff in the kiss and cry. I loved it when Johnny put the flowers on his head, and after the SP when Lambiel made his toys dance. It was also hilarious at Four Continents when Shawn Sawyer did a funny dance after both programs and pretended to rip open his shirt in the kiss and cry.. I can't think of any other funny things but I don't see anything wrong with doing those things..

BigJohn

On the Ice
Chan reminds me of Federer. Answering questions with brutal honesty, pretty much unfiltered.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Again, so it's alright for Plushenko to do it but not Chan

Does all condemnations of Chan have to be accompanied by condemnations of Plushenko? If so, I propose that for the sake of expediency, Chan and Plushenko be merged into one entity to be referred as Pluchanko. And all barbs lobbed at one are now automatically lobbed at the other.

BigJohn

On the Ice
Does all condemnations of Chan have to be accompanied by condemnations of Plushenko? If so, I propose that for the sake of expediency, Chan and Plushenko be merged into one entity to be referred as Pluchanko. And all barbs lobbed at one are now automatically lobbed at the other.

How about Patgeni?

UM84

On the Ice

No, but when you all are calling him a brat and acting like he is the only one you do have bring up Plushenko.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Chan would do well to shut his mouth. That's etiquette for ya.

Have you ever talked to a 19 year old boy before? They don't really have etiquette. So he talks a lot and doesn't really censor what he says, that's better than him being on the news for being some huge alchie or stoner that gets random girls pregnant. Likely he's very high strung because he has no social life and can't let lose and do normal teenage things so he has angst.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chan is such an asshat. I'd like to gift wrap a muzzle for him to use. :scowl:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I was exactly like that when I was 19. Now I'm older and wiser, and learned that when you want to talk smack, you do it on the internet anonymously. :biggrin: