Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

gsrossano

Final Flight

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do you think they'll have a moment of silence tonight for Joannie's mother? they did that in 2005 at US Nationals for Angela Nikidinov's mother right before the event opened.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Another sleepless night ... with gingerbread men ...

Gingerbread and vodka. I like it. :agree:

do you think they'll have a moment of silence tonight for Joannie's mother? they did that in 2005 at US Nationals for Angela Nikidinov's mother right before the event opened.

I hope so. :cry:

Any online feeds airing the earlier groups? I'm gonna watch the Baby Italians and then watch the US vs. Canada game before the final 2 flights.

aurora100

Final Flight
According to Bev Smith's CTV article, Americans lose Charlie Cyr for OD. Russian, Ukrainian, Azerbajian, France, Israel, Hungary, Lithuania, Britain, and Canada are on the panel.

This is not good news for the NA teams. Russian, Ukrainian, Azerbajian, Lithuania are part of old Russian Federation. Also France and Israel would be more inclined to Russian style of skating. I am not saying they would do anything hanky panky. It's just that their preference of dance style would favour non- NAmerican. WOW

Last edited:

oxade21

Match Penalty
In what world you people are living in? What exactly is OLD Russian Federation? Can you learn history before you make such ridiculous claims?

And why France is inclined anywhere or Israel?

Unbelievable

aurora100

Final Flight
In what world you people are living in? What exactly is OLD Russian Federation? Can you learn history before you make such ridiculous claims?

And why France is inclined anywhere or Israel?

Unbelievable

I am not sure if you have contrary info. If you do, I would like to hear it. My point is that Ukrain, Azerbajian and Lithuania used to be part of Soviet Union until they broke away and became their own sovereign nations in the 90s. Israel has connection with Russian because many of Isaraeli are former Russian Jews who migrated there. In ice dancing world we know that Russians and French are close. You don't have to agree but I would like to hear your facts on history (figure skating or otherwise) that would challenge this.

oxade21

Match Penalty
I am not sure if you have contrary info. If you do, I would like to hear it. My point is that Ukrain, Azerbajian and Lithuania used to be part of Soviet Union until they broke away and became their own sovereign nations in the 90s. Israel has connection with Russian because many of Isaraeli are former Russian Jews who migrated there. In ice dancing world we know that Russians and French are close. You don't have to agree but I would like to hear your facts on history (figure skating or otherwise) that would challenge this.

First, do you see difference between Soviet Union and Russian Federation? If you don't , go back to history class and get back to talk.
Second, if you are so much into politics you should know by now that France and Russia has not been close when it comes to ice dancing this year. Just open the newspapers and read all the accusitions flying back and forth between two federations. France also has their own team they would like to see win Gold this year.
As for Israel and your Jewish comment, I am not even going to dicuss this kind of insulting and borderline anti-sematic comment.
Your ignorance is just unbelievable.

aurora100

Final Flight
First, do you see difference between Soviet Union and Russian Federation? If you don't , go back to history class and get back to talk.
Second, if you are so much into politics you should know by now that France and Russia has not been close when it comes to ice dancing this year. Just open the newspapers and read all the accusitions flying back and forth between two federations. France also has their own team they would like to see win Gold this year.
As for Israel and your Jewish comment, I am not even going to dicuss this kind of insulting and borderline anti-sematic comment.
Your ignorance is just unbelievable.

You don't have any new facts of authority for your over the top indignation. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Face2Mac

On the Ice
There was russian feed that worked well over both comp. I am trying to find it now. It was posted in the icedancing thread at the beginning.