Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

Cadiva

On the Ice
I beilieve the problem is that Dom/Shab's interpretation was deemed offensive while D/W's was not. It's not that they used a dance from another culture, it's how they chose to interpret it.

Yes, but this is exactly my point. A minister in Australia totally unconnected with ice skating that I can gather, said it was offensive and chose to take that interpretation given that they have said is isn't based on Australian Aboriginal culture. That's what I was getting at.

As a total PS - Moir and Virtue were fabulous and totally deserved to be in first place. Didn't really like B&A though.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Yes, B/A should be in 3rd after that, but it just isn't in the same league as Davis/White and Virtue/Moir. They shouldn't have left Canton. They are not improving very much.

kyla2

Final Flight
Virtue and Moir were fantastic. Just gorgeous skating. Davis and White also excellent. Belbin and Agosto did well also but the music was not great. I agree with Tracy about that. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. I do not think the Russians are a shoe-in at all.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
After V/M, B & A's program looks a junior program in sophistication.

I have to agree, sadly. I love the costumes, though. But I think they didn't pick the best programs this year, and that could be their undoing. I really wanted them to bring the intensity and sharpness and score better than Dom/Shab in the OD, too. I also agree the music is not really the best.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Kind of a bad draw for B/A. They were good but didn't compare favorably to the previous two couples.

Face2Mac

On the Ice
Barring any mistakes, I think this is the podium. How can F/S come back up from fifth? But if the D/S stumble, look out.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
If V/M win gold, will they retire? Anybody knows?
'Cause that will be the only one bad consequense of their victory (please stay!).

ARipp42014

Medalist
Well we might not get a NA Sweep but Team Shpilband (1 & 2) over Team Linichuk (3 through 5) is very highly to happen!

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Good judging. B/A might be able to slip up to 3rd with a weak FD from D/S. Hopefully B/A draw a spot after D/S so they know what they have to beat.