Sequential Twizzle 4 6.50 0.90 7.40
Midl. Not Touch. Step Seq. 3 7.00 1.00 8.00
Circular Step Seq. 3 7.20 1.40 8.60
Straight Line Lift 4 5.00 0.80 5.80
Lift + TRANS 0.00 0.00 0.00
TES: 25.70 PCS: 29.80

How some are a level 4 is beyond me!

The Twizzles were spot on.

Dom/Shab's score was a JOKE: this event is fixed !!!!!

Yes, we get it that you hate Russians. We got it after the first post.

Now will you let all of them skate first, so that we can see all the scores at least? :rolleye:

L'amour

On the Ice
toatally agree with you, its just very weird, and with weird face expressioans and weird make up.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Aren't there about 4 or 5 eastern block judges on the panel, that would explain the high score for the Russians. I guess it's payback time for the men's event.

mhu714

On the Ice
Those costumes were absolutely absurd, and their scores were way high. 9 for interpretation? Give me a break.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sorry for intruding, I'm Italian so maybe I can shed some light. The first part of the music, called "Tammurriata Nera" is a song written in 1944 by E. A. Mario and Eduardo Nicolardi, and it's about a woman giving birth to a black child (the "Nera" part) concieved with an American soldier, and overcoming prejudice with the strenght of her maternal love. It's all sung by a sort of ironic greek chorus. Faiella and Scali tell a different story, though, where he tries his best to seduce her but she keeps rejecting him.
The ribbons are actually "castagnole", castanets, traditonal "props" in Italian folk dancing.
Sorry for the longwinded history lesson.

Thanks for the history lesson. I felt the program was authentic folk dance and well done :thumbsup:

BigJohn

On the Ice
Does anyone else think that Crone and Poirier have been a bit undermarked at this event? I think they skated much better than several of the teams ahead of them in the standings.

They have been skating very smoothly, and Paul especially has great long edges. Several of the other teams ahead of them seemed very sloppy and error-filled to me.

They scored -GOE on the level 2 tw.

Last edited:

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Ok. First time I saw DomShab this season. It is ridiculous, and really embarrassing to watch. There is NO WAY that dance was better than Delobel/Schoenfelder. And this is why people feel that the event is rigged. And this is why the sport has little respect outside of its own circles. First the Italians overmarked, and now this crazy mess. Are they serious??

Cadiva

On the Ice
Sorry for intruding, I'm Italian so maybe I can shed some light. The first part of the music, called "Tammurriata Nera" is a song written in 1944 by E. A. Mario and Eduardo Nicolardi, and it's about a woman giving birth to a black child (the "Nera" part) concieved with an American soldier, and overcoming prejudice with the strenght of her maternal love. It's all sung by a sort of ironic greek chorus. Faiella and Scali tell a different story, though, where he tries his best to seduce her but she keeps rejecting him.
The ribbons are actually "castagnole", castanets, traditonal "props" in Italian folk dancing.
Sorry for the longwinded history lesson.

Thank you so much for explaining :) That helps a lot with what I was seeing now because I just couldn't understand why the jerky music when they were being all "romantic". Couldn't see the castanet bit on the BBC coverage so it just looked like they were holding bunches of ribbons, always great to find out something new.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well, I'm glad they took out the dark-toned bodysuit. But still.

I just think their whole dance just looks sort of silly. I mean, they do have some talent in ice dance. not denying that. But I just hope they're scored accordingly and not overscored.

62 something. No idea if that's high or low or what, but I do know it's below Davis/White and Virtue/Moir's high scores this season, so it bodes well for an overtake if those two teams skate to their normal ability.