Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Aren't there about 4 or 5 eastern block judges on the panel, that would explain the high score for the Russians. I guess it's payback time for the men's event.
But the mens event was totally fair judged? What to pay back for?

Cadiva

On the Ice
Ok. First time I saw DomShab this season. It is ridiculous, and really embarrassing to watch. There is NO WAY that dance was better than Delobel/Schoenfelder. And this is why people feel that the event is rigged. And this is why the sport has little respect outside of its own circles. First the Italians overmarked, and now this crazy mess. Are they serious??

Sorry but it really was. Del and Scho didn't demonstrate the speed and quickness of the CanCan at all, much as I love to watch them as a couple, and their twizzles weren't as good plus their straight line step sequence didn't deliver any dynamism. I think their performance would have been great if they'd done it a few more times before the Olympics but it wasn't worth more than it was scored and Robin Cousins pretty much said the same thing on the BBC coverage.

ETA: To qualify, I preferred watching the French routine but I could see it wasn't as technical as the Russians (which I don't really like at all but it shows off their skills).

Last edited:

Diva

On the Ice
sorry but it really was. Del and scho didn't demonstrate the speed and quickness of the cancan at all, much as i love to watch them as a couple, and their twizzles weren't as good plus their straight line step sequence didn't deliver any dynamism. I think their performance would have been great if they'd done it a few more times before the olympics but it wasn't worth more than it was scored and robin cousins pretty much said the same thing on the bbc coverage.

ita

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Not to the Russians and some media here. No Quad, no OGM, is what the basis is.
Russian opinions on that differ (I don't mean the judges or officials, just ordinary ppl). I've seen many posts in Russian segment of LJ with congrats to Evan the winner. Ppl called him a 'true champion', 'molodetz' and refered to him as Vanya.