Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Plushenko & other Russians comment on the Men's Event

Ximena

Final Flight
Yes sorry for the delay, here and there, but I needed a couple of days.
I'm posting the transcript a little later, it was quite an interesting video.

About the platinum medal, the folks over at the Michelle Kwan Forum once took up a collection and made a big gold medal for Michelle -- plus they raised over $10,000 to donate to a charity in her name. Irina Slutskaya's fans did the same for her. It's like the "gold medalist of our hearts" thread we have going.

BigJohn

On the Ice
About the platinum medal, the folks over at the Michelle Kwan Forum once took up a collection and made a big gold medal for Michelle -- plus they raised over $10,000 to donate to a charity in her name. Irina Slutskaya's fans did the same for her. It's like the "gold medalist of our hearts" thread we have going.

Yeah... their fans. Not themselves on their own websites.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
:thumbsup:
Well, thank god the system will be changed to prevent from this Olympics travesty from ever occurring again.
Thank you, Plushenko for martyrdom to save this sport!!!!!! You knew you would never win under current ridiculous judging rules but you went for it and now we have the rightful public outcry.
It's not about Gold, it's about a cause. YOU WON!!!

:thumbsup::agree::rock::clap:

key65man

Rinkside
I guess some even consider Plushenko as a martyr. I am in the camp that championship caliber programs for the men should have quad(s). But, Plushenko first and foremost did it for himself. He tried to accentuate his strengths but did not quite make it.

I love Plushenko. Nevertheless, his constant whining about his "losing" is quite irritating, to say the least. He has done enough for the sport. I hope he just shuts up about his platinum performance.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Plushenko didn't skate like he did to stand up for some ideal of the quad.. that's hilarious to say.. he actually thought he was going to win.. which he very well could have if his landings on some of the triples weren't so wonky, or Evan fell

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
also this whole 'death of the sport, death of the quad' thing is ridiculous in itself, Plushenko and his quads won a ton of other events this season, and Daisuke was rewarded for doing his quad and falling.. someone winning one competition of the season without quads doesn't mean the quad is dying *eyeroll*