Ladies Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Ladies Practice Reports

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Anybody knows what's happening with the ladies?

Kim had a practice at 7am this morning, as did Akiko. Mao and Ando missed their session.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Yeah, I agree! We heard enough about Plushy not winning the gold...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9ATxrEmFg

Mao arrived in Vancouver this morning. She seems so happy and excited for the Olympics! Looks really enthusiastic!
I'm excited to see Mao skate and also Miki. Mirai and Akiko will be exciting to watch too!! And go Yu-Na!! I hope they all do their best and there won't be any of those judge disagreement like in the mens!!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
;)

Hopefully the ladies' champion will be undisputed, have amazing technical ability AND artistry to boot.

I highly doubt that'll happen. In that case, I will stay away from the boards for at least three days and searching for Youtube figure skating videos for about six months.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Yeah, both Mao VS Yu-Na fans are both awful to each other!!

Yu-Na seems happy in Vancouver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXoMIIyY6fo&feature=related

Yu-Na arriving in Vancouver. I hope she skates well, and hopefully we'll be able to see her smile! I hope no one pressurize her to win the gold. Olympics is a '' game '' and it's about athletes enjoying themselves!

Go, GO YU-NA!!

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
I highly doubt that'll happen. In that case, I will stay away from the boards for at least three days and searching for Youtube figure skating videos for about six months.

Lol, yeah, I suppose it's too much to ask because even if the champion does clean programs, there'll always be talk about unfair PCS, etc. etc. by the Yunatics, Mao-Bots, etc. :help: :help: :help:

pokky_oc

On the Ice
I know! It's so bad... Videos like Yu-Na's 3-3 downgrade is FAIR, Mao's triple axel is 1.75 turns, Yu-Na got plastic surgery, Mao is retarded, Yu-Na eat dogs, Mao eat whales etc.:cry:

I really hope they stop...:mad::mad:

It will be exciting event though!! I can't wait!
:love:

:agree:

Last edited:

Alatariel

On the Ice
Actually the board may implode after the dance and we may not even have a lady issue as they'll be collecting our pieces all over the place :laugh:

ryoko

Rinkside
Yuna did 3flip-3toeloop in the practice. it looked real nice. I wonder if 3f-3t is her back-up plan? Can anybody elaborate? I saw few nice second triple toeloops and spins looked faster than before.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Yuna did 3flip-3toeloop in the practice. it looked real nice. I wonder if 3f-3t is her back-up plan? Can anybody elaborate? I saw few nice second triple toeloops and spins looked faster than before.

Her 3f-3t is probably her backup plan if she doesn't land her lutz properly. And it's a damn good back-up plan if you ask me. :)

Where can I see some videos of her practice?

pokky_oc

On the Ice
I doubt she needs a back up plan... Maybe her lutz became inconsistent but her flip became so consistent or maybe they're both so consistent that she wants to have a back up plan just to score 70+ in her SP for definite!! :agree:

GO, Yu-NA!!
Is Mao practicing yet? I heard she just arrived in Vancouver! Mao said her triple axel is very consistent and checked her rotation with an Olympus video camera ( advertising:laugh: ) back in her home rink with her back-up coach :agree:lol

This will be one great event! Mirai landed her 3Lz+3T just before Olympics, Miki is practicing her 3Lz+3Lo and is looking dead serious with Morisov... I watched a video on Youtube and Carolina landed 3F+3T at the Europeans and Rachel Flatt landed that too!! It will be amazing short program with full of triple triples!!
:love:

Last edited:

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
I heard Mao has got an ice rink all to herself so she can practice and try to emulate the feeling of performing in the actual rink under Olympic pressure. If she has I'm not sure how wise this is because wouldn't someone want to acclimatise to their surroundings and make sure they're comfortable? Strange...

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
If Yu-Na's 3flip-3toe was a back-up plan for the short program, it appears as though she'll shorten her footwork leading into it and focus on how she used to do it (in this year's SP she has steps leading up to the flip).

aftertherain

Record Breaker
If Yu-Na's 3flip-3toe was a back-up plan for the short program, it appears as though she'll shorten her footwork leading into it and focus on how she used to do it (in this year's SP she has steps leading up to the flip).

Hasn't the flip been a bother to her all season though?

I guess skipping some of the footwork makes sense.

miki88

Medalist
I heard Mao has got an ice rink all to herself so she can practice and try to emulate the feeling of performing in the actual rink under Olympic pressure. If she has I'm not sure how wise this is because wouldn't someone want to acclimatise to their surroundings and make sure they're comfortable? Strange...

She probably wants a private rink for her extra practice time besides the warm up time. Miki also has a private rink to practice I think, because I read she says she needs to practice by herself.