Joubert - I'm a boy not a man. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joubert - I'm a boy not a man.

screech

Final Flight
He has blamed his skating at the O's on 'personal issues' and has not elaborated. Dammit, I'm nosey! I want to know the issues. And maybe comfort him... offer him some healing.

I'm not the biggest fan of his skating, but he is extremely talented, and it's disappointing to see him go from being a 5x world medalist, including bronze at the most recent Worlds, to 16th at the Games in less than a year.

Here's hoping that he regroups and kicks *** and takes names next season. And calls me if he needs any comfort.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
You're neither! You make me sick.:disapp:

Yeah, I'm not pleased with Joubert either. I used to like him, but after reading the comments he made calling Canadian skaters gay and effeminate, I'm not sure I'm going to like him again until he gets a major attitude adjustment.

In fact, he deserves to be reprimanded for those sorts of homophobic remarks.

Last edited:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
:eek:hwell: I was kidding. I was merely mocking Joubert's melodramatic statement, and I apologize to women for suggesting he could be one of them.

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
In all honesty, 2006 made him mature a lot. Obviously that wasn't enough. It's a shame he always needs dreadful Olys for things to really sink in.
Brian is more mature today than four years ago. He's a lot more honest with himself than back then, but not quite enough to become Olympic champion.

Brian came come out as arrogant, but the truth is he's just honest about how he feels. When he believes that he's better than others he says it. When he mucks things up out of his own fault he says it. People often forget that aspect of his personnality.

evplu

Rinkside
Some comments on this forum about Brian Joubert, who is currently going through the hell, are just cruel: I hope this handsome young men will overcome and find back to his old strengh and happiness

viv

On the Ice
I'm sorry for the Joubert-Fans here, but if he really had the opportunity to work with Orser and Browning and turned it down he just got what he deserved. What does he think? That he gets an Olympic medal without being determined to sacrifice some things in his private life? When I think what Dais had to go through in the last year, that Nobu and Miki left their home country without resentments, what a fight Stephane or Max Shabalin had with chronic injuries and constant pain, this just p* me complete off.

:sheesh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't know Brian Joubert personally, so I really can't make any informed evaluation as to what the best training situation would have been for him, but I guess some people have a very easy time doing the Monday morning quarterback thing. :unsure:

Wow. What kind of life do you lead that 3 World medals, including a gold, qualifies as "not much"? And can you share your good fortune with the rest of us?!
Joubert was pretty sick for much of the 2007-8 season, had health issues last year, and cut his foot so badly this season that he could see bone and needed surgery to repair the tendons and ligaments. That's not very fun. He had a similar injury, though less severe, in 2007. He hasn't had a season without medical problems the entire Olympic cycle. On top of that he has alluded to some personal issues, which of course are none of our business. Yes, he has had some good results, but things haven't been easy for him at all.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't know Brian Joubert personally, so I really can't make any informed evaluation as to what the best training situation would have been for him, but I guess some people have a very easy time doing the Monday morning quarterback thing. :unsure:

Joubert was pretty sick for much of the 2007-8 season, had health issues last year, and cut his foot so badly this season that he could see bone and needed surgery to repair the tendons and ligaments. That's not very fun. He had a similar injury, though less severe, in 2007. He hasn't had a season without medical problems the entire Olympic cycle. On top of that he has alluded to some personal issues, which of course are none of our business. Yes, he has had some good results, but things haven't been easy for him at all.

:cry: Poor Brian! He seems like he has a very anxious demeanor about him, he often appears uncomfortable. I feel bad, there's so much pressure on him and his coach was not very nice through his struggles.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm sure Brian has gone through a lot of ups and downs, but that does not make it okay to say that North American skaters are gay and effeminate.

Wicked

Final Flight
Brian, you're 25 and you should have already changed your attitude from a boy to a man. I hope you can do it now. I really like your LP and I want to see you skate it lights out at Worlds. Allez already, Brian!

Nadine

Record Breaker
So Joubert's going to Worlds? I hope so, mainly because I want to see another head-to-head competition with him & The King, ala what happened at 2010 Europeans. That competition has been my favorite thus far, everybody doing a phenomenal job in the SP, which made a great set up for the FS. Just too bad Brian faltered. *sad* But it was great to see Stephane Lambiel come roaring back in the FS.

As I've always said from the very beginning, the very BEST competitions are when everyone skates their best, and you win! Thus, it was disheartening to see Brian falter at this Olympics. If he'd been on his game, he's the only one that could have seriously challenged The King, forcing him to do two quads if Brian had done two quads.

Here's me hoping to see a quadfest showdown between Brian & EP, each pushing the envelope, forcing the other to up the ante!!!!!!!!:rock:

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm really hoping that Brian and/or Tomas (preferrably both) pull a Miki Ando and come back next year super fit, confident, and competitive and do great at Worlds (and the competitions leading up to it), show the Olympic results were a fluke. You can do it guys!

Me too. I am a fan and was quite disappointed about how he did at these Olympics. But I felt bad for him as well. I would love for him to come back with a new resolve to be his best.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
:scratch: Have I missed something? Where did you get this idea?

The articles have been posted on several of the threads here. Brian said in an interview before the Olympics that the new judging system favours the gay and effeminate skaters from Canada.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, I agree with almost all the posts here ...:eek:

I guess Brian made big mistakes but I still don't understand why Didier feels the need to drag him through the mud publicly like that. As if a complete meltdown at the Olympics isn't enough punishment for whatever it is Brian did that was so wrong. It is Brian's life and not Didier's

Maybe I just don't know figure skating politics ... Didier seems to be rushing to make sure everyone knows it wasn't his fault and I'm just all, "um, nobody was asking... you protest too much..."

Anyway, personally I would love for Joubert not to leave skating on this note and to keep going and have a great comeback. But he has to do what's best for him.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm sorry for the Joubert-Fans here, but if he really had the opportunity to work with Orser and Browning and turned it down he just got what he deserved. What does he think? That he gets an Olympic medal without being determined to sacrifice some things in his private life? When I think what Dais had to go through in the last year, that Nobu and Miki left their home country without resentments, what a fight Stephane or Max Shabalin had with chronic injuries and constant pain, this just p* me complete off.

:sheesh:

I simply don't believe Gailhaguet when he says he offered him the chance of working with Orser and Browning, didn't Browning quite publicly state that he didn't want to work with Brian and that caused much speculation about whether skate canada would allow it with Buttle being in contention, then BUttle retired but Chan was the new front runner, so i don't think it changed anything?

Anyway I wouldn't believe a word that come out of Gailhaguet's mouth - the man cannot be trusted.

Ant