Cohen not retiring? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Cohen not retiring?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
anybody know what she is skating to for her solo in SOI? I assume she did not keep Moonlight.

R.D.

Record Breaker
sasha nails her jumps in practice. they both are nervous competitors, thats all. they don't needd to jump much to mesmerize me, tho.:love:

You mean Alyssa does. From what I've seen, Cohen has had less than stellar warmups as well. But Czisny- girl just can't get it together when it matters most. She was really lucky last year that she was still ahead enough to win that Nats title.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:laugh: That's mean......but true.

Still, I look forward to what all the hoopla is about. I see it in a week. Maybe it'll be a routine with no jumps...after all, they don't need to do them :indiff:

True....they both have some gorgeous line, and insane spirals. I want to see SOI now. Is it true that Evan broke two toes? :eek:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
anybody know what she is skating to for her solo in SOI? I assume she did not keep Moonlight.

I suspect she chose halleluya (sp) for an olympic exhibition, as it was written by a very famous canadian, Leonard Cohen. Jeff Buckley does that song proud! Awesome choice for my girl!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

tarotx

On the Ice
Imo Alissa is a little stiff but I always think that. Sasha reminds me of Katia in this number.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll reserve judgment until I see it with my own eyes. The camera work doesn't really allow one to see the entire routine- looks like they're both "in sync".

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I suspect she chose halleluya (sp) for an olympic exhibition, as it was written by a very famous canadian, Leonard Cohen. Jeff Buckley does that song proud! Awesome choice for my girl!

Omg that is an amazing choice for her. I can't wait to see this.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
As Cohen did train with the purpose of participating at the Olympics, I think it would be a good idea if she continues her eligible career at least in the coming season. Otherwise her training kind of has gone to waste. It was a pity that an injury caused her to stop her training and she was not at her best in the US Nationals.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
So mean..... but true when they're at their worst......

I really think her time has passed.....

That clip of their duet was actually lovely though, but notice they didn't jump during it. I think Alissa could have been a World Champion had she competed in Ice Dance instead of singles.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I think a duet with Alissa and Sasha will be awesome... I can just imagine the two doing their awesome spiral positions next to each other!