Ladies' SP | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

silverlake22

Record Breaker
mirai may make the final group!!!....pretty sure joannie, rachael and miki will, its only really caro who can knock her out, unless its 5 for the final group, than only 2 people can beat mirai.....crossing fingers!!!....

I'm not sure Rachael will beat Mirai.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Sooo happy, both Mao and Yuna skated cleanly although they looked a little nervous and slow. Also I'm happy Mao became a first female skater to land 3A in SP at Olys!

Dark-Eyes

Rinkside
Considering the near or definite UR of Yu-Na's second combo jump, I think her +GOE is inflated.
At this point in the Olympics, I think the judges make up half the scores out of their imaginations.

But anyway, GO JOANNIE!

mhu714

On the Ice
Mao and Yuna were not scored... the coaches were scored...it's antiRussian war((( The girl was unbelievable... I'm grieving... the gold has been given already, if not to American girl, to American coach or two consecutive golds for Japanese is too much...Mao was WAY stronger and better in everything((((((((((

Chiocciola, I can understand rooting for your favorite but you really need to reel it in a bit. Kim is obviously a more lyrical and artistic skater than Mao, whom I happen to enjoy very much. But when they both skate their best, it's not really close. i agree with the separation. what I do not agree with is a few who are close to Nagasu. She should have more separation from the 4 skaters behind her.

UM84

On the Ice
I hope she can make it through her short, she looks like she's about to burst in tears

Toby1Dawg

Rinkside
Mao and Yuna were not scored... the coaches were scored...it's antiRussian war((( The girl was unbelievable... I'm grieving... the gold has been given already, if not to American girl, to American coach or two consecutive golds for Japanese is too much...Mao was WAY stronger and better in everything((((((((((

I woudnt say it's anti-Russian as Alena was given a pretty good score for a much easier program and really sloppy skating (unless the score was for her infectious smile). Yuna was pretty good. I just wish Mao had picked music and programs that highlight her strengths rather than two heavy vampire music programs. I miss the lightness and joy of her skating. I would have had Yuna slightly higher, not 5 points better. But at least it's not a 10pt lead. This is far from over.

S

sleepyjl

not surprised that she outscored mao, but I felt that the scores should have been closer :think:

The score separation is due to the new scoring system. When judges watch two programs back to back, like they did with Mao and Yuna, and they feel that one skater deserves to be on top (Yuna), they will likely score the winner(Yuna) consistently higher in order to ensure that the rankings reflect the overall quality of the program. This effect was most noticeable during the ice dancing FDs, when the gap between Davis/White's and Virtue/Moir's scores was unexpectedly large.

Last edited:

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Joannie Rochette has incredible strength and class. It's a measure of the quality of her personal integrity and commitment to her sport that we're seeing on the ice tonight. I'm proud of her, and what an amazing role model of sportsmanship for young skaters and athletes everywhere.