Ladies' SP | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

krln99

Rinkside
New to the forum, although I've been reading the past year. About the top two - that much separation between them is ridiculous. I expected 2-3 pts higher but 5?! No. I absolutely adore Mirai. Regardless of how she places, I hope she does a clean LP, which will do wonders for her confidence and hopefully keeps her going strong so she could be in Sochi.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Normally I'd pay you that one, but he's actually an expat Canuck. ;-)

Oh Lord, I hadn't thought of THAT ! - I was just trying to find a sport which has measured stuff and judged stuff, and I didn't hear a single comment about unfair judging there - and I was wondering if we could transport some of what looks like freestyle mogul camaraderie into skating!!!!! Ooops!!!!! hmmm .... maybe ...sigh. Sometimes I can't win.

kyla2

Final Flight
Yes, Rachel is very sweet. Maybe if she got a better designed program I would like her skating more.

emma

Record Breaker
Great skating - i'm a wreck! I balled my eyes out with Rochette - what an amazing skate.

aurora100

Final Flight
OK, I'm really letting my inner biyatch come out tonight. But doesn't Carolina's skating remind you of the dancing ostriches in the Disney movie Fantasia?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funny, I needed to laugh after all the tears from watching Joannie and the trolls going on here.

Thank you.

zowie

Rinkside
When Joannie has skated clean (like she did tonight), she always has always received high marks from the judges.

bubbleyum

On the Ice
Yuna is #1 celebrity in Korea, not a sports star. Her celebrity exceeds any other sports star (soccer, golf, the famous multi medalist swimmer) and any actors or singers. She is way bigger than Tiger is in the Us. There is no other with as much recognition and a number of commercials. Anything she touches the sales go through the roof. I do not agree with you here.

i am not saying that she is not a big star in korea. of course she is a big star, famous, and makes a lot of money with her endorsements. i am just saying that she is not THE BIGGEST star there.
because, there really is no such thing if you think about it... everybody idolizes something/somebody different. just trying to clear up the misunderstanding that some people may have that yuna is like the pope or something in korea. most ppl did not even know much about figure skating there until yuna started winning major competitions, geez.

hauteor

On the Ice
I keep burning the japanese ladies dresses when they're not looking, hoping they'll come up with something better, and no- every time they keep the worst details and redesign whatever worked to look even worse...

screech

Final Flight
3/3 for Miki!!! Foot down on the landing, but surprised she went for it - the lutz wasn't fully secure.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Miki's costume - uh what's going on there?

Nice 3-3! So fast into the second jump and pretty high too!