Ladies' SP | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

screech

Final Flight
Excited for the LP! If Kim is good, it's hers. Depending on how Mao and Jo do, there could be a good battle for silver... but then again, we don't know how Jo will be that day. And she's only about 6 points ahead of Miki, so who knows what will happen.

Awesome short programs - nice that it's not a splatfest! So proud of Jo, Mao and Kim for their skates, and Jo especially for her strength and courage.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Mirai is the biggest surprise here, easily cracking that top seven group that most were expecting.

I'm also insanely impressed with Rochette. I guess I had no feel for how much pain she was really in at this point until seeing it displayed in the open. What an amazingly strong woman to hold it together and deliver one of the performances of her career.

hauteor

On the Ice
i agree at least about mao's dress. akiko's dress looks fine to me. i blame tarasova. tarasova likes dark colors in material that looks like lingerie. and why does mao always have something on her outfit that is choking her neck??
she is a beautiful skater and deserves a beautiful costume :(

Chokers are in for some reason... Both of Kim's dresses have them too... Akiko is okay I suppose... I prefer Ando from the japanese team, not a fan of her musical choice (for sp) but her costume is so ridiculous- she's chosen such a dark religious subject, yet her costume makes a mockery of the theme... Why couldn't she have had a black-laced dress like women wear in old European countries, catholic, to funerals- i.e. Spain, Italy, France... And instead of that God awful cross, she wouldhave used the one with black beads...

nghtvsn

Rinkside
Still not happy about the big separation but I hoping it will be a great competition Thursday. I hope they all skate cleaning and let the chips fall where they may.

Nice english from Yu Na. Mucho gusto!

I'm going with

1. Yu Na
2. Rochette
3. Asada (She's going to fall on 1 of her 3a and Joannie will skate cleanly to pass her)
4. Mirai
5. Ando
6. Flatt

ARipp42014

Medalist
Who's hoping Joannie gets the Pimp spot on Thursday nite? I really want her to skate last! It'll be like the ending of "Ice Castles", without the whole blindness thing.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Sorry that Miki is so far down, but I hope she still makes the podium. It's not interesting if the comp is over after SP like the men's event.

Is it only miki who got DG among top 12 or so?

magicalwords

On the Ice
Wow, ladies turned out to be much better than I thought, ladies event wasn't a splatfest like the usual ladies' competition, so much better than men's IMO, I want to thank all skaters for great performances tonight!

TCAngel18

Medalist
Miki's TES Breakdown
Triple Lutz + Triple Loop (downgraded) 7.50 -1.20 6.30
Triple Flip 5.50 -0.60 4.90
Spiral Sequence 4 3.40 1.20 4.60
Double Axel 3.50 1.00 4.50
Flying Sit Spin 4 3.00 0.40 3.40
Layback Spin 3 2.40 0.30 2.70
Straight Line Step Sequence 3 3.30 0.60 3.90
Change Foot Combination Spin 4 3.50 1.00 4.50
32.10 34.80

Miki's 4th

im ok with that, i would have been more upset if she scored closer to joannie, but she is less than a point ahead of mirai, so im content

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Miki was overscored in the PCS, which propped her up. That was a terribly choreographed program to plodding music. And Ando skated with her usual lumbering self and the horrible posture. Even Rachael should have higher PCS than Miki.

But two Americans in the final flight! Who'd thunk! Maybe US ladies isn't totally dead, yet.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I watched everyone, and Joannie's skate is the one that really got to me. She has struggled much of this season, and to put together a great program under the circumstances was phenomenal. Wow. BTW, I was in Vancouver yesterday, and civic pride was RAMPANT! Canada is *so* proud to be the Olympic hosts, as they should be. And what a reception/ovation they gave to Joannie!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, all the top contenders threw it down. Both Americans are in the final group. Can they sneak in for a medal? They both are 7 points out of bronze medal position. It will really depend on their ability to perform, and whether the top contenders falter under the pressure. The LP is a whole 'nother beast after all.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Here we were all saying Miki should do a 3-3 when that gave her 6.30 points. Clean Miki with +GOE on her 3-2 would have received around 8 points. Figure skating for you, folks.

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
I'm thrilled all the' European girls are shut out of the final group. No matter how 'pretty' you are, please land on your jumps...