Johnny Weir "There is definitely politics in skating" Aussie TV Interview Clip | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir "There is definitely politics in skating" Aussie TV Interview Clip

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Johnny Weir "There is definitely politics in skating" Aussie TV Interview Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC56ZQbmQU4

Ok, I came back from the exciting men's event in Vancouver to sunny Sydney last night and what do I find on telly? Johnny Weir interviewed live on Australia's Channel Nine! His comoments included something to the effect of:

-I can't wait to put my speedo on in downunder
-In the Olympics different countries are deemed to represent the podium. Lysacek medal= No medal for me.

-I can't wait to "See Nicol Kidman at the Opera House and all those things."

He was honest, quick witted and a good sport. I'm a fan!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Oh no the video has been removed because it's too long! I'll try again later.
Or maybe someone else has got it?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
For being "the wrong person to bring fans to men's figure skating", he is awesome. I am one of his "little monsters out there" :love:

Raatkirani

On the Ice
There is something so profoundly poetic about the quote regarding his fans "they go on my journeys with me." I wonder if Johnny realizes how beautiful that sounds....

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
There is something so profoundly poetic about the quote regarding his fans "they go on my journeys with me." I wonder if Johnny realizes how beautiful that sounds....

Of course he does. :laugh: He is very good at expressing himself on ice AND in words, spoken or written :thumbsup:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Ok here's the full version!
2010-2-21-22-27-28.mpg - 530.0 Mb

*Thanks figuristka for finding the youtube version. After the youtube clip there's a whole lot more (including his remarks on politics) of Johnny, interviewed by Channel Nine live in the studio.