Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there. | Golden Skate

Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
I just read from his twitter that he is about to take off for LA. So the Olympic champion doesn't show up at gala and just goes home? Too sad that I can't see him this weekend :(

Last edited:

Smuusik

Rinkside
:unsure:
I really don't want to believe that. Not that I'd miss his skating but he is the gold medalist...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The gala is what, 6-7 days away? Plenty of time to fly back. He probably wants to get away from the media and relax at home until then. I hopes he would be in the stands for Mirai, but whatever he wants. Maybe he really wants to get that Aston Martin.

amateur

Final Flight
maybe he wants to celebrate with family and friends for a few days? LA is not far to fly from Vancouver. Though somehow it would seem more "Olympian" to stick around for the duration, cheering on teammates and whatnot... -- but I sure ain't no olympian - who would i be to judge?

Jo1

Rinkside
Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's probably doing the Media whirlwind in LA and then coming back. no surprise there. There are a lot of US athletes that are leaving after their events even if they medal.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Didn't Mirai come down for the Opening Ceremonies, fly back to LA and then come back to Vancouver? The two places are not really that far away, and the Gala isn't till the end of the week, I think. Evan is probably going down to do a few shows and will be back in plenty of time for the Gala and the Closing Ceremonies. I wouldn't worry. :p

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!
Really? We must be reading different accounts. Evan won. Get over it, already.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Are we still with the whole Evan vs. Plushy thing? GET OVER IT!!!

I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)

kyla2

Final Flight
You know, people who post nasty stuff just for the gratuitous fun of it, must have very sad, unrewarding lives. I am very happy for Evan, Evgeni, and Daisuke-all medalists.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Skaters often go back and forth during the middle of the Olympics - especially if it's the same time zone. Ice time in Vancouver is probably very hard to come by. I can also imagine that Evan may want to put together something new and special for this particular gala. I can also imagine that he needs some sleep.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)

I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Poker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Polker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.

I too, would like to have seen him, but I am sure the show is only so long and adding a skater would mean bumping somebody else off.

oxade21

Match Penalty
The worst winner in Olympic history may just as well stay at home. Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway.
Bring in Johnny Weir anyday.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The worst winner in Olympic history may just as well stay at home. Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway.
Bring in Johnny Weir anyday.

Have you seen it? I am tired of all the sour grapes. he won. period. Nobody said you had to like it, but just ignore the Lysacek thread if you hate him so much. Nobody said you had to watch his exhibition either. We might see Johnny perform in Torino next month.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am not a huge Evan fan either, but I certainly think he did enough to win. Worst winner? By what standards? He did everything he planned and did it quite well. Anytime one's favs don't win, the winner is the "worst" ever. Pleeease. 42