Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

• Total voters

dannyascii

On the Ice
I have to say Jeremy. I really wanted to see everyone do their very best, and it was painful to speculate what the results could have been had he skated like he did at nationals. A repeat of nationals with a quad and I can dare say he would've won this whole competition. Alas, he's never quite figured out how to compete under pressure and it's a real shame.
Same with Daisuke; I feel like he's another skater who brings the full package but just couldn't quite deliver it when it counted.

Wicked

Final Flight
Johnny for that magical LP. I would love to be able to say Stephane here, but not with that performance.

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Johnny ! Made me tears during the performance at FP. Deep emotion with natural expression, and his beautiful flawless skating touched my heart and watched it so many times already.
Loved his SP also, his expression was fun with beautiful detail moves.

Plushenko's FP in second ( his FP grows on me every time I watch it ) ,
Daisuke in third.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Daisuke because I felt that he was the one most likely to make figure skating appealing again, at least to me, as I'm finding the men's events less and less interesting post-Buttle and post-healthy Lambiel. I disliked Plushenko's arrogant, unfinished, and frankly sloppy performance (albeit yes, with a wonderful quad) - Weir, I will watch forever and I value his originality and personal strength and artistry, but wish he would round it out with more power and speed on the ice - Chan, I hope he grows into his abilities and has an injury-free season to show us what he can do as a man instead of as a boy - Lysacek, I just find him aesthetically unappealing, with his frantic arm waving and body nodding, herky-jerky skating and somewhat poor jump technique - Lambiel, the spins!!!! and the presentation, but, he's held back by the injuries - whereas Daisuke I can see glimmers of brilliance, passion and just simple joy in skating and ability to move the sport forward on more than one front.

Ren

On the Ice
Wow, a lot of us sure like Dai. Slightly OT, but does he have a girlfriend or is he ignoring romance now to focus on his career? I'm not Japanese and so the fount of information that is Japanese Google is closed off to me.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Wow, a lot of us sure like Dai. Slightly OT, but does he have a girlfriend or is he ignoring romance now to focus on his career? I'm not Japanese and so the fount of information that is Japanese Google is closed off to me.
I'm not Japanese either, but he seems to have a girlfriend. I believe he mentions her in a recent book about his life & career.

Daisuke because I felt that he was the one most likely to make figure skating appealing again, at least to me
That's pretty much how I feel too.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert. Guy who deserved it more than anyone else.
Yeah, perhaps if he had done what he's capable of, he's the one. I didn't feel pretty convinced that Evan won. Plush has the great presence on ice. But I think that Joubert is an a lot more entertaining performer to watch. I wonder if the injury (or more like the lost training time due to the injury) affected him, as I didn't think that he was a headcase.
I agree with someone saying that Johnny would be perfect if he had more speed.

Kinga

Medalist
I never thought I would say this for such 'heavily' loaded competition, but none.. None of the guys rose to the occassion, IMO.
I hoped Lambiel would, but his programs, apart from mistakes, left me cold. I loved Abbott's programs, but the mistakes....
Top three performances deserved their places, but they are not memorable, and none stood out.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Stephane. His spins are the best I've ever seen. Plus, it's lovely to see someone with such joy while performing.

Smuusik

Rinkside
I would have loved to see Plushenko make history with two OG (even though he has made history already considering three olympic medals and everything else) but now that I think of it I have to admit I feel devastated for Stephane.
There is no use of repeating that he is truly one of those skaters who always leaves his heart out on the ice. Thus I couldn't watch his expression after the lp. I would have rejoiced if he had won, even though realistically I thought it to be impossible. He deserved at least a medal (which brings us to judging again, as always:scowl: ).

On the other hand Takahashi should have walked away with gold in my opinion. He had everything combined into one complete package and I admire him for going for the quad even though he must have known he was not going to land it. It was a statement which didn't go unnoticed.

Frenchdude

Rinkside
Daisuke or Evgeni.

Loved the fact that Daisuke actually went for the quad. Beautiful Olympic spirit. Too bad he couldn't land it. And Evgeni, well. For his beautiful quad, which I value tremendously.

jennylovskt

Medalist
To me, Lysacek won over Plushenko was as unfair as Tara Lipinski won over Michelle Kwan.:scowl:

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
To me they are both meh and blah, and that is why I don't know how to feel about one meh/ blah winning over another. I've been trying to figure it out the last few days, and I still don't know.
I think as a fan of the sport I better stop spending moneys on going see meh/ blah competitions live. Yeah, seems like a smart idea.

The Heart as the topic reads would go to Lambiel or even Johnny who know how to skate like Pros. T he that night[/B would go to Evan.