Has Anyone Else Heard This Story? | Golden Skate

Has Anyone Else Heard This Story?

Tigger

Final Flight
A gentleman in BC, who is a WWII Veteran, is one of many of our Vets who has a licence plate w/the Poppy on it. He and his family attended the Long Track Speed Skating Session the other day and when they came out of the building to go home, they were floored to see all of these pieces of paper under the wipers of their car.

The Dutch fans saw the Poppy, knew what that said about the owner of the car and they were the ones who left the messages. All of them saying basically the same thing, "Thank you so much for liberating our homeland."

The Dutch have never forgotten our Forces liberated them and everything the Canadian Forces did afterwards for the Dutch people w/the Manna Flights of food and supplies. They will never forget and we shouldn't either.

I heard this out of the mouth of one of the commentators the other night, so no link, but has anyone else heard it? What a great story!!

aurora100

Final Flight
A gentleman in BC, who is a WWII Veteran, is one of many of our Vets who has a licence plate w/the Poppy on it. He and his family attended the Long Track Speed Skating Session the other day and when they came out of the building to go home, they were floored to see all of these pieces of paper under the wipers of their car.

The Dutch fans saw the Poppy, knew what that said about the owner of the car and they were the ones who left the messages. All of them saying basically the same thing, "Thank you so much for liberating our homeland."

The Dutch have never forgotten our Forces liberated them and everything the Canadian Forces did afterwards for the Dutch people w/the Manna Flights of food and supplies. They will never forget and we shouldn't either.

I heard this out of the mouth of one of the commentators the other night, so no link, but has anyone else heard it? What a great story!!

Isn't that a beautiful story. I understand every year Dutch have a big parade for Canadian soldiers with Canadian flags every year. The Dutch princess took a refuge in Ottawa during the war. That could be another reason why they love us too, us Canadians I mean.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
So the poor old codger had to stand in the cold and clean up all those papers? How inconsiderate of the Dutch.

stickle

Rinkside
It's nice to hear a story that isn't rooted in the American-centric media. Canada has much to be proud of and this is but another one. Holland loves Canada and Canadians and it's a story we should be very proud of.