Rochette's light touch belies a heavy heart | Golden Skate

Rochette's light touch belies a heavy heart

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/news/newsid=49815.html

"She is very, very strong and I admire her so much for that. I'm very proud, very proud. We should all be.''

The reigning world silver medallist and six-time Canadian champion performed her short program, a sassy and sultry tango to La Cumpersita that requires some flirtatious glances at the cameras and judges.

Her father Normand watched from the stands in his red Canadian team jacket, periodically wiping his eyes. Her boyfriend - pairs figure skater Guillaume Gfeller - was there, along with five family friends.

Rochette skated with poise, showing no hesitation in her jumps. She floated through a seemingly effortless combination of triple Lutz-double toe-double loop.

Her long-time coach Manon Perron kept the mood light with her persistent smile and constant encouragement.

Bless you, Joannie! I know you will try your best and your fans are so appreciative and love you! :love::bow:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Stay strong, Joannie. However you skate, I know it will inspire me to give you a SO in my living room.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Good luck tomorrow Joannie! So sorry for you, you are very brave and your fans are all proud of you.