Ladies' LP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think both Yuna and Rochett will be on the podium. Kim with her 7 points lead, and she can afford to make one mistake and maybe two if other are subpar. Rochett will have the hometown advantage and the bonus pity points. Nothing sell like news and get judges attention as tragedy. Ando, I think she dig her own grave. If she just went for 3+2, she will have at least around 67-69 range and stricking distance for silver. But she can still capable of grabing a bronze or even silver if both Asada and Rochett bomb.

I think Asada makes me nervous because she will be attempting the two 3A. She needs to fully rotate both and land her other 4 jumps to hold on to silver and possiblely gold if Yuna makes mistakes. Her 2 3A is the only two jumps that going to give her big points. If she falls or underroated, it will open the doors for both Rochett and Ando. She has over 17 points on the line for two jumps. I don't understand why she doesn't do the second 3Loop in a sequence with 2A. They are her best jumps. If she do 3A+2T, 3A, 3F, 3Lo, 3F+2Lo+2Lo, 3T, 3Lo-2A seq the jumps layout should be quite competitive and she has 7 triples program.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wanted to come by and post now because I am sure I will not be able to get on this board later when the competition really gets going. LOL

I think we are all in for a night of excellent skating from the ladies and I can't wait. I know that there are a lot of folks rooting for YuNa and Mao and I wish them both well but for me I will be rooting for Joannie for Gold (my favorite) and the underdogs, Rachael, Mirai, Carolina and Akiko to shake things up a bit.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think Miki original layout 3Lz+2Lo, 2A+3T, 3S, 3Lo, 3Lz ,3T+2Lo+2Lo, 2A has higher base mark than current plan. She should do 2A+3T after halfway mark like Yuna, and that's 8.25 vs. 7.5. And why not do the 3F?? 3F with edge call is still higher than 3T??

I think just like in Men, the top three are pretty much a lock for the podium. 7 points is a lot for ladies, considering the one less limited jumping pass than men.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
If I see 7 triples program from Akiko and Rachael doesn't crack 120+ I am going to throw the T.V. lol I hope Marai crack that mark too and hopefully the tech controller is reasonable.

aurora100

Final Flight
blahblah

honestly, how can you be so mean ? she tries to achieve something that no lady has ever done in one competition ( 3 triple axels) and gets dissed for it... appreciate it!

i really hope non of the skaters reads these boards.... let's just hope the best one wins and wish luck to everybody! amen!

I don't skate but I can see how difficult a jump 3axel is, even for men. SO many men have lost titles because they miss 3axels. Even with quads, missing a 3A can be really costly. Although Mao's 3A doesn't look as huge as men's she should be recognized for doing 3A's. I also think it's fair to give high scores for Yuna for triple triple combo especially diifcult ones like 3lutz 3toe or 3fli 3toe. Those are jumps men skaters value as well. These are both very strong athletic elements that we are almost taking for granted in women because these ladies are doing it fairly consistently. But skating is about jumps and in between stuff.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thank you for being another person that has noticed that. But it isn't just Miki-a numberof the japanese ladies, over the years, seem to shrink from month to month. And no names here-but some of those who were once strong jumpers with energy to spare now skate with little energy or stamina. Even our last Olympic winner from Japan seemed to drop a great deal of weight before the Olympics-not that it hurt her performance-but I do find it disturbing and wonder what is up with the Japanese culture? Federation? And looking back, this seemed to start with the most famous skater from Japan of all. (hint: great jumper)

Yeah I know, it's too bad. Akiko struggling with anorexia for 7 years, and now Miki shrinking each season. I was watching videos of her from 06 and 07 and she looks about 10 pounds lighter now. In her busy costumes it's hard to tell but in practice she looks really thin, not unhealthily so but considering what she looked like when she was 15 and 16 I think she is supposed to have a more curvy build and now she's just tiny. Mao I feel has also appeared to have lost weight since the 06-07 season, though it may just be that she has grown taller. I feel like Miki and Mao were both better jumpers before they become so thin, they can still do the jumps now but their jumps used to be huge. Shiz also used to have a more womanly figure and became very thin. It is a little sad that apparently they feel pressure to look a certain way, hope they are ok.

I know Yuna weighs less than both Miki and Mao but she actually concerns me the least. She used to be painfully thin as a young teen and I've seen pictures of her dad who is tall and very thin. Yuna also has a round face and fairly broad shoulders and hips so I tend to think she is actually healthy and just naturally very thin.

Cadiva

On the Ice
This late night skating is killing me! LOL I was grateful they took a day off yesterday so I could get to bed at a decent time. I'm sure I'll be a zombie tomorrow.

It's killing you, I'm in the UK, it doesn't even start over here until 1am!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
It won't be long now. Starting to get nervous for the ladies. I hope they all have a great night, a night that will leave them with proud and happy memories. So many of the ladies competing tonight bring something special to figure skating, that it is stunning to me. For a long time, the men have been my favorites, but the ladies now take my breath away, with their courage and athleticism. Whether it is having attempted the quad, the triple axel, or just fitting in so much athleticism and still managing to produce an aesthetically pleasing outcome, they have transcended what were once considered their limits on the ice. They have shown, unmistakably, just how athletic a lady can be, while still creating that hoped-for beautiful illusion . I take my hat off to them, and I hope so very much, that they will have the kind of evening they want and deserve. Here's to you, ladies!:love: