Ladies' LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

treshot

Rinkside
Although I am not a big fan of her skating style, I really admire Miki for going for that 3-3. It couldn't have been easy for anyone to skate after Joannie did. Good luck in the LP!

I am kinda smiling after reading every post on this thread so far, because everyone's treating MikiAndoFan#1 as if she is Miki herself :) So cute! I really do hope she does well after all she's endured after Torino. I don't even really care about the medal (although it'll be super nice bonus) - what's important is that Miki puts out the kind of performance that she can be happy about and proud of at the end of the day. SP wasn't that, so I really hope LP does it for her!

☆Genie

Rinkside
Can't wait for tomorrow :)! I think it'll be REALLY close if they go clean.
1st-Mao/Yu-Na
2n- Mao/Yu-Na
3rd-Rochette/Ando
Ando isn't out of it..

Last edited:

nghtvsn

Rinkside
So does Mao no longer do 3/3 combos because they were getting DG'd or because she just can't do them at all?

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I just hope that if Joannie is able to win a medal that eventually she will be able to look at it without it being tarnished by the memory of what happend at these games.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
So does Mao no longer do 3/3 combos because they were getting DG'd or because she just can't do them at all?

She can't risk doing them because of the downgrades. :frown:

I just hope that if Joannie is able to win a medal that eventually she will be able to look at it without it being tarnished by the memory of what happend at these games.

More likely, she'll look at it and be reminded of the love and support she got from Canadians and people all around the world at the most difficult time in her life. Sappy but hopefully true.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
I like the LP skating order. I am glad Joanne will skate after Miki/Yuna/Mao because no matter where these three end up, I will ball my eyes out watching Joanne and her skate will put everything in proper perspective. We will root for her and she will make us all realize how much we love skating and what these olympians are made of. This is a beautiful sport but a mere sport, and that the most important thing life is family and people around you. Then Mirai will bop (in a good way) around the ice with her mega smile and mesmerizing spins and spirals and lift our heavy heart from Joanne. And we don't have to worry about the curse of last spot for Ladies. Can't wait.

ARipp42014

Medalist
If we can create the perfect skater out of the Final Flight, it would be like this:
Rachael's consistency
Miki's guts
Yuna's X-factor
Mao's grace
Joannie's heart
Mirai's spunkiness

DesertRoad

Final Flight
If we can create the perfect skater out of the Final Flight, it would be like this:
Rachael's consistency
Miki's guts
Yuna's X-factor
Mao's grace
Joannie's heart
Mirai's spunkiness

I will need a bone saw, some chloroform and a ride to Vancouver.

wonbinfan86

Match Penalty
I think the only way Mao can win gold now is for Yuna to make 2 large mistakes (falling on two jumps) and for Mao to skate a FLAWLESS program with BOTH triple axels fully rotated.

skate4ever

Rinkside
My prediction for LP:

Yu-na will skate a clean program but receive a negative GOE on one of her jumps (probably the salchow) because of a shaky landing.
Mao will land both of her triple axels but receive a downgrade on the second one.
Yu-na beats Mao by 6.57 points overall and wins the OGM.
Joannie skates an outstanding LP and receives the bronze.

Any takes? :)

miki88

Medalist
My prediction for LP:

Yu-na will skate a clean program but receive a negative GOE on one of her jumps (probably the salchow) because of a shaky landing.
Mao will land both of her triple axels but receive a downgrade on the second one.

I don't think Miki should be counted out at all, especially since she's not going last this time.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
My prediction for LP:

6.57 points....specific much? :laugh: That very well could be how it turns out but I think Miki will come out fighting with a vengeance to land on that podium and I also think Rachael and Mirai will dazzle us and give it their all! I can also see Akiko having another great LP and pulling up higher into the rankings. Regardless of the result it will be an amazing, memorable night of skating! Good luck to all ladies!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's just 3.5 points between Miki in 4th and Akiko in 11th. It's going to be a great night. CAN'T WAIT!

Moxie

On the Ice
I think both Miki and Rachael, but obviously not both, have a good chance to land on the podium.
I'm a little worried about Mirai because she has to both skate last and after Joannie. On the upside, coming into the competition she had no realistic hope for a medal and it should be a good learning experience for her.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think both Miki and Rachael, but obviously not both, have a good chance to land on the podium.
I'm a little worried about Mirai because she has to both skate last and after Joannie. On the upside, coming into the competition she had no realistic hope for a medal and it should be a good learning experience for her.

Mirai's skated last at nationals twice and both times she did well, plus I am sure Frank is helping her get mentally prepared for what she has to do tomorrow :agree:. She is tough and I have a lot of faith in her, I hope she just goes out there, tries her best, has fun and comes out of the Olympics with good memories and no regrets :rock: ; I wish that for all of the ladies tomorrow. They have all worked so hard and I have no doubt will be a wonderful night of skating! :love:

M

mylastduchess

About Mao... if Yu-na is perfect and puts up a mark that would be unbeatable should she play it safe and try only 1 3A to hold on to a medal.