Ladies' LP | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

miki88

Medalist
Okay. The standings remain from SP! Wow that's a first in a long time I think. I am so proud of Mao for doing that after Kim's performance. It must not have been easy and she was nervous I can tell. But the overscoring at this Olympics is a bit ridiculous. These skaters all had better performances before.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Why is Mao crying? She just won an Olympic silver medal. No small accomplishment. So happy for Orser. He finally has his Olympic gold medal....42

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
This must be so huge in South Korea. I feel bad for Mao, I hope she gets her other triple jumps back. I am happy that Mirai did so well under pressure. I hope she continues to do well. And I am happy for Joannie to win a medal, she deserves it.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Well, guys, maybe you'll hate what I will write, because I'm biased and uber fan and so on, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Yuna Kim is the best skater in the history! Just believe it! If you don't see it now, you'll see it later through years!

Thank God we have her with us! This night we all won! This is something that just can't happen in reality, but it happened! Amazing! Not taking anything from anybody, but that's how I see it.

Nobody, but Yuna.

alex1

Spectator
Congrats to Mao, Yuna and Joannie!

Special thanks to Laura and Mirai! Let me say it again, Laura and especially Mirai have exceeded my expectations by far....

Mao is the most beautiful butterfly throwing 3As in bunches, and Yuna is simply the best. Loved to see Brian cheering for his and her gold :)

The best costume goes to Mao.

The best spirit goes to Joannie (especialy her SP, she skated like there is no tomorrow, I was touched to the heart)

The runner up is Mirai. Watch out, Sochi 2014

Laura was so cute and she delivered too.

Great great evening for all figure skating fans :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
THE ugliest medals EVER... It's so grotesquely big... Even the length is bad, I mean when you can't see the medal because of the reflex flower-holding position, you've messed up on the basic design... Kim should stick around for another 4 years and reclaim her thrown in Sochi simply to get a nicer piece of jewelry...

Most people think the Salt Lake medals are much uglier.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
THE ugliest medals EVER... It's so grotesquely big... Even the length is bad, I mean when you can't see the medal because of the reflex flower-holding position, you've messed up on the basic design...

The size doesn't bother me, but they look like a train ran over them or something. So crooked.

kyla2

Final Flight
R.D. you really don't get it do you. Skating is not about one medal. It's about a body of work and a legacy. Michelle remains the Kween.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, finally, the favorite wins the OGM. Hasn't happened in 1994 (or maybe you could argue 1992!) And we get to see some emotion out of Yu-na. I loved that she teared up!

Layfan

Record Breaker
what a fighter Mao is! I'm just thrilled she got the silver even if I wished her score was a little closer to Yuna's.... I wish she'd look happy. Everyone had counted her out as a headcase... she was amazing these Olympics

UM84

On the Ice
These Asian countries need to stop putting so much pressure on these girls. Mao looked so un-happy and un-satified up their. It's probably because she has been told only Gold is accpetable. Just like how Yuna said she never get any congratulations from fans on a second place finish.

p.s Mao, you probably would not of beat Yuna even if you skated clean

Antilles

Medalist
Salt Lake definitely had the worst medals. Ugly, misshapen things. The gold looked like it had been spray painted bright yellow. Congrats to everyone! Beautiful night of skating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Top 10 TES
1.) Yu-na Kim, KOR, 78.30
2.) Mirai Nagasu, USA, 65.83
3.) Mao Asada, JPN, 64.88
4.) Laura Lepisto, FIN, 63.89
5.) Joannie Rochette, CAN, 62.80
6.) Miki Ando, JPN, 62.50
7.) Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 60.98
8.) Rachael Flatt, USA, 59.37
9.) Ksenia Makarova, RUS, 58.77
10.) Alena Leonova, RUS, 55.84

Top 10 in PCS
1.) Yu-na Kim, KOR, 71.76
2.) Joannie Rochette, 68.48
3.) Mao Asada, 67.04
4.) Laura Lepisto, FIN, 62.72
5.) Miki Ando, JPN, 61.60
6.) Mirai Nagasu, 60.56
7.) Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 59.44
8.) Rachael Flatt, USA, 58.48
9.) Carolina Kostner, ITA, 57.04
10.)Alena Leonova, 54.48

Top 10 in GOE
1.) Kim Yu-na, 17.40
2.) Laura Lepisto, FIN, 10.20
3.) Mao Asada, JPN, 8.82
4.) Mirai Nagasu, USA, 8.50
5.) Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 7.40
6.) Miki Ando, JPN, 5.30
7.) Rachael Flatt, USA, 5.24
8.) Joannie Rochette, CAN, 4.42
9.)Sarah Meier, SWI, 3.82
10.) Ksenia Markarova, RUS, 3.66

Just reposting for those who are tuning in.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I think South Korea just exploded. :)

With joy, of course! Not .. literally. I hope that never happens. >____>