Ladies' LP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
Fromsport is working for me. The picture is so much better than atdhe, I can see that Cynthia might need an Ugly Costume Deduction. ;-)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
The judges seem pretty lenient tonight (and the tech panel).... even tugba received all level 4s (except a level 3 on her step sequence) with all +GOEs. We might see some BIG scores later.

pinguinos

Rinkside
me, too.:mad: I can only hope Mexican TV shows the last flight like with the men's.... and that the russian feed starts showing skating soon

If you're in Mexico, you should try terra, it has full coverage which includes commentary and commercial free broadcasting

Layfan

Record Breaker
If you're in Mexico, you should try terra, it has full coverage which includes commentary and commercial free broadcasting

thanks! have it on now. I was freezing up every five seconds but now it's good. plus my pizza arrived. life's good.:biggrin:

hauteor

On the Ice
I'm still so depressed about Elena's skate... I always get SO incredibly nervous when a fellow countryman is in competitive fire (no matter if sports, music, film- whatever competitive and potentially embarrassing situation), I keep convincing myself that seriously- the odds ARE 50-50, it could go either way, good or bad, and why am I so convinced it's the latter... So far, concerning her, not once have my anxieties been for nothing- bad things follow... Come worlds, I'm not even going to watch, gonna go and buy some groceries or something, get my mind off things... Maybe that will trigger a change.

On the bright side, a Norwegian newspaper poll has her as the hottest female athlete in these Olympics (not just figure skating), that's as close as we're getting to "gold" =p

yunasashafan

On the Ice
really NBC! we really really needed to learn about logging NOW! :mad:

ETA: logging = cutting trees really really fits with the "green" theme of the Olympics

amateur

Final Flight
It wasn't terrible from Cynthia, just OK. She did do 2 tripple loops, and 2 tripple toes, no? Disappointing because she had seemed comfortable and not too far off from delivering something great tonight. She was still looking good after the fall on the lutz... but in the second half seemed to lose something of focus and energy, leading to 2 pops. This program though has come alive wonderfully since (and including) Natonals - glad she kept it. SHe has some fire back.. I think she'll have a breakthrough sooner or later at a world-level comp, even if she never becomes miss consistency.

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
Quite a strong perfromance by Kiira I have seen in years. She should be proud of herself. Nice work.

aurora100

Final Flight
Kiira is doing well. Landed all the jumps except singling a loop. Lots of speed and a movie star look. First time I really noticed her. Good job.