Ladies' LP | Page 63 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'm gone for ten minutes and I come back to see a small debate brewing of Michelle vs Yuna. :unsure:

Tonight was Yuna's night. Let her have it.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
kyla2
Daniel5555 not even close. Michelle has her beat on every level. Mirai will be next. Yu Na is a great jumper. there is so much more to figure skating buddy.
Yuna can do things Michelle couldn't. Even before Olympics Yuna had done more than Michelle, not in terms of medals, but in terms of historical importance for a certain country. And now she has a medal Michelle never had.

Michelle has eternal place in the history and she was the best. But now the new time has come. The old heroes will not fade if the new ones appear. Now that's just my opinion.

And I'll still say it - Yuna Kim, the best, ever.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm honestly ok with the scores. I used to really dislike Lepisto because she got good scores while doing 2 or 3 triples, but here, she skated two good programs and was really on fire. Her 3t-3t got 1.80 GOE! With Carolina proving to be a headcase once again, I think Laura will take over as top European lady - where she skated so well tonight, I really saw just what a lovely skater she is. I also enjoyed Alena and Ksenia, they have bright futures!

I watched her program too and she was absolutely gorgeous! That 3T-3T was solid and she also exluded her usual Lovely Laura qualities. :)

figuristka

Medalist
When the medal ceremony is up can someone please give the link or upload it, surely a korean will have recorded it.

mhu714

On the Ice
Ok, I can't help myself.
HOW the heck did Miki get higher PCS scores than Mirai?

Dark Eyes, you got me. At least Ando didn't get a medal. She's been seriously overmarked in PCS for quite some time now.

lavender

Record Breaker
Speed in figure skating is nice but in no way, shape, or form is Yu-na is better than Michelle. Granted that Michelle never won gold, in years to come, Michelle will still be the most remembered for her skating and influence and Yu-na will be remembered for just the OGM.

Big Michelle fan but in the U.S there won't be much hoopla but in Korea she's going to probably be remember as the greatest ever. For me no one seems to past Michelle in greatness...not yet anyway. I wonder how I would feel if Yuna had great spins and spirals. She has everything else though.

UM84

On the Ice
Michele thinks Yuna is a perfect all around skater. MK came out of hiaetus of 3 years to accept Yuna s invitation to skate in Korea. MK didnt do triple lutz triple toe combo or triple flip triple toe combo or double axel and triple toe combo and have all the transitions in between

Get over it.

How many world titles does Yuna have. Yuna has scoring records (which really isn't a valid argument because Kwan did a bulk of her skating under the old system), Kwan has the championships. You can't argue this one, I don't care what jumps Kwan did or didn't do. Kwan has the championships to back her Yuna doesn't.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
kyla2

Yuna can do things Michelle couldn't. Even before Olympics Yuna had done more than Michelle, not in terms of medals, but in terms of historical importance for a certain country. And now she has a medal Michelle never had.

Michelle has eternal place in the history and she was the best. But now the new time has come. The old heroes will not fade if the new ones appear. Now that's just my opinion.

And I'll still say it - Yuna Kim, the best, ever.

Then there was no need to bring Michelle into the conversation, Daniel5555.

This is Yuna's night. It was unnecessary to bring Michelle into it.

Justafan

On the Ice
It turned out basically how I expected. I thought Yu-na was overscored...sorry but I just do and I think her skating style seems calculated...doesn't mean she's not a great skater..that's just how she comes across to me as a viewer. I have to wonder what sort of precedent that type of scoring will set for the future. I was disappointed that Mao didn't score higher but happy she landed her triple axels. I was really glad Joannie got her medal...what heart and determination she skated with. Sooo happy for Mirai...she has so much musicality and what a great future. Poor Rachael. I thought her posture looked poor tonight and sloppy on some of the spins. She looked like she was lacking some energy too. I haven't seen Lepisto yet so can't comment. Poor Miki :( I know she has to be so disappointed.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai 4th place atn only 16 - she is the future!. So happy and proud of her.

The exact same finish as Sasha at her first Olympics in 2002. Take that, Sasha "I think the U.S. women are hit and miss" Cohen! And with no falls either!

magicalwords

On the Ice
WOOHOO Yu-Na!
WOOHOO Mao!
WOOHOO Joannie!

Also a special WOOHOO for Mirai, no downgrades, that's awesome!!

WOOHOO to everyone!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
That is one perfect podium. No controversies, all fair and square. Congrats to all ladies medalists! :agree::thumbsup::clap::rock:

Too bad Miki's Olympic dream didn't come true, but on the other hand she'll always have her World title.
Elene, next time (Worlds) better!

qazwsx

Rinkside
These Asian countries need to stop putting so much pressure on these girls. Mao looked so un-happy and un-satified up their. It's probably because she has been told only Gold is accpetable. Just like how Yuna said she never get any congratulations from fans on a second place finish.

p.s Mao, you probably would not of beat Yuna even if you skated clean

ITA, 3 clean 3A (2 in combo) in Olympics - any other girl would have been ecstatic. she should learn a thing or two from Daisuke, the guy is so content with his much deserved bronze.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
That is one perfect podium. No controversies, all fair and square. Congrats to all ladies medalists! :agree::thumbsup::clap::rock:

Too bad Miki's Olympic dream didn't come true, but on the other hand she'll always have her World title.
Elene, next time (Worlds) better!

Yeah, it really is a deserving perfect podium!!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
This is the best damn Olympics ladies figure skating competition in terms of the top 4 skaters ever. The winner skated two monstrously difficult programs back to back with ease and even a sense of humor. The silver medalist landed 3 triple axels! The bronze medalist landed 7 ratified triples, the most out of anybody in the free. And Ms. 4th place skated a perfect short followed by a perfect long to come in 4th at the Olympics despite having a dismal season internationally prior to this. We have got to do this again. :biggrin: