Ladies' LP | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

Jasper

Final Flight
Tweaked? You say Tweaked? Did anyone with ISU or IOC actually hold a press conference and officially announce that the "Pre-Tweak scores do not count" ?

Also, Aftertherain, I have a life, and I was not addressing that remark to YOU, but to the officials and the announcers who think that a mere "tweak" is enough of a change to justify calling the pre-tweak scores meaningless, or rendering them meaningless in the official records of Figure Skating.

You're being a dumbass. Kimmie Meissner's total score from 2006 Worlds is not the best as it encompasses three rounds of competition, not two. Who are you, Kimmie's mother? She's done with the sport at least from a competitive level. Kim Yu-Na has surpassed her and Mao and everyone else. Get over it.

miki88

Medalist
The video of the interview with Mao was heartbreaking; she is really upset with herself for having two mistakes and is not satisfied with how she skated. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Brian Orser would talk to her, as he was in the same position many years ago, and he probably, more than anyone else, knows how she's feeling right now.

I don't think talking to Brian Orser is the best solution... hehe

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
The video of the interview with Mao was heartbreaking; she is really upset with herself for having two mistakes and is not satisfied with how she skated. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Brian Orser would talk to her, as he was in the same position many years ago, and he probably, more than anyone else, knows how she's feeling right now.

Somehow I think that Brian Orser will be talking to Mao. Orser was very happy to see that Mao had come to these Olympics in such great condition.

Jasper

Final Flight
I think Mao will come to appreciate what she did tonight. In time. This will hurt for a while. I also think she has the wrong people around her, including Tarasova.

gold12345

Medalist
Oh snap, you replied on the wrong account. Your sockpuppet is showing.

Um, what? Sorry to jump into whatever argument you were having with another poster(s), but I just threw in my opinion there. It wasn't a private conversation... It's a public thread, so I replied to you. Chill. Sorry I interfered. :sheesh:

miki88

Medalist
Somehow I think that Brian Orser will be talking to Mao. Orser was very happy to see that Mao had come to these Olympics in such great condition.

For some reason, I want Mao to work with Boitano and then battle again with Orser with his new pupil (assuming Yuna retires). That will be really fun to watch.

DesertRoad

Final Flight

And one day, Mao will coach a Senegalese wunderkind to victory, surpassing his closest rival from Belize. And the Belizeer will, in turn, go on to coach the most promising figure skater from Venusian Colony 3... and the cycle continues.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
And one day, Mao will coach a Senegalese wunderkind to victory, surpassing his closest rival from Belize. And the Belizeer will, in turn, go on to coach the most promising figure skater from Venusian Colony 3... and the cycle continues.

Granted that we can actually go to Venus by then. Ahahaha.

chloepoco

Medalist
For some reason, I want Mao to work with Boitano and then battle again with Orser with his new pupil (assuming Yuna retires). That will be really fun to watch.

Yes, that would be great! But, I'd also like to see Mao with Takeshi Honda, with her programs choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto!!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I didn't even realize that Joannie had a second double axel, until I came on here, but now that people mention it, I do remember there being two before. :p

nddandy

Rinkside
The scores here are literally killing me from the inside. 150...I have no words for that kind of nonsense.

I have words or that kind of nonsense... go look at Mao's score after all she missed out... that explains YU NA's fair score... Get it together there... you seem pretty silly now

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I have words or that kind of nonsense... go look at Mao's score after all she missed out... that explains YU NA's fair score... Get it together there... you seem pretty silly now

Trust me. More than half the board will disagree with you on that one.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I didn't even realize that Joannie had a second double axel, until I came on here, but now that people mention it, I do remember there being two before. :p

It's been her jump layout for the last few seasons. 7 triples enabled by a 3toe~3sal sequence. Then, a 2axel~2axel sequence to fulfill the axel requirement. It's a whole lot of jumps, but she is often completely successful with it at the most crucial times. But even without the last 2axel, I'm pretty sure Joannie put down the most ratified jump rotations of any skater tonight. We can all go oh but what if but what if... Eh the same applies to Mao. What if Mao didn't hit that rut in the ice and aborted her 3toe? Then a second 2axel from Joannie would not have been enough. As it is, I think Joannie looks more than proud and happy with her medal, though of course, tinged with sadness unrelated to that missed axel.