Ladies' LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

adamlondon

On the Ice
I think Yu Na will win this but not with an amazing performance. I think she botch the flip or something, but skate okay in the rest of her program. I have a feeling Mao will really shine but will not be enough to get gold. She has a 5 point disadvantage, PCS which are lower and a hell of a lot to do to land two 3A. I think Joannie will have a meltdown today. She probably saw the bigger picture about her mom's death which paradoxically helps. Now that the jb has to be done I think she might not do it. In this case Miki might sneak into the bronze position.
An all asian podium is a real possibility.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Can please someone pm me the hours of last group in Vancouver time?
I cant afford stay awake for all so I want to wake up for the last, and it has been already ten pages here, at first I thought they have started to skate already :laugh:

figuristka

Medalist
LOL Seniorita, i got worried too and thought oh no did i get the times mixed up and they already started? I also would love to have the time of the groups and skater's posted. Not found it myself yet.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Well Rachael will start at 11:06pm EST (that's 8:06pm PST) and Mirai ends at 11:53pm EST (8:53pm). In 13 hours, we'll have a winner!

Too bad I can't stay home tonite and have to watch the first 3 flights from work. I'm not even sure if I'll make it for Rachael on time because of the snow. My co-worker said he'll be at work early so I can catch the final 2 flights (he understands my figure skating love).

Plus the bar will have the USA vs. Canada game so all isn't lost today at work!

Last edited:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Well Rachael will start at 11:06pm EST (that's 8:06pm PST) and Mirai ends at 11:53pm EST (8:53pm). In 13 hours, we'll have a winner!

This late night skating is killing me! LOL I was grateful they took a day off yesterday so I could get to bed at a decent time. I'm sure I'll be a zombie tomorrow.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I really hope Miki rocks it tonight, but I do find that her weight loss has maybe hurt more than helped her. She looks so thin now and her jumps aren't as huge as usual - please eat Miki! I think she might go all out tonight though and may sneak onto that podium.

Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember

No, Mao UR her 2nd 3Axel and it was DG to a double plus the fall, so she got zero points for the attempt. Plus, Asada UR a 2loop that was DG by the panel and received -GOE too.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really hope Miki rocks it tonight, but I do find that her weight loss has maybe hurt more than helped her. She looks so thin now and her jumps aren't as huge as usual - please eat Miki! I think she might go all out tonight though and may sneak onto that podium.

Mao fell on her first 3A, IIRC. She got the second one ratified.
Mao did do 2 - 3A in 2008 GPF, but it also didn't hurt that Yu-na completely bombed the SP and was in fifth (or something like that) coming into the LP.

dlgpffps

Final Flight

I think Mao fell on the 2nd 3A, which was URed... I'll go try to back that up :)

EDIT: OK nvm, Mrs. P already has the facts :)

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am looking forward to how the "new" young ladies will perform tonight. Never saw Chelsea Lee before; impressed! Also excited for Kwak and Lafuente. And I think Hecken has a great future(a bit junior skating yet).

Happy for Yan Liu to make the final and for Nagasu to do so well.

The third group is just so exciting. GO Alena, Akiko, Carolina, Laura, Ksenia and Elene :thumbsup:

As for the medals I hope; Rochette, Kim and Asada.

Well, all ladies, skate well, please .....
Give me happy surprises in my last sleepless night :clap::rock::bow: :love:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I am looking forward to how the "new" young ladies will perform tonight. Never saw Chelsea Lee before; impressed! Also excited for Kwak and Lafuente. And I think Hecken has a great future(a bit junior skating yet).

Happy for Yan Liu to make the final and for Nagasu to do so well.

The third group is just so exciting. GO Alena, Akiko, Carolina, Laura, Ksenia and Elene :thumbsup:

As for the medals I hope; Rochette, Kim and Asada.

Well, all ladies, skate well, please .....
Give me happy surprises in my last sleepless night :clap::rock::bow: :love:

What a nice post, I agree! I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What a nice post, I agree! I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!

Kwak would probably be at senior Worlds. There's still a second spot there, unless the KSF gives it to the person who won Korean Nationals.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Mao fell on her first 3A, IIRC. She got the second one ratified.
Mao did do 2 - 3A in 2008 GPF, but it also didn't hurt that Yu-na completely bombed the SP and was in fifth (or something like that) coming into the LP.

Actually, Yu-na was first in the SP by a very small margin, followed by Mao. I think you're thinking about 2008 Worlds, when it comes to the short results. That was the only time Yu-na was so behind in the SP. Yu-na missed the 3Lz in the SP and missed a few jumps in the LP at 2008 GPF. I think Mao also made a mistake in the LP... The numbers are eluding me at the moment.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually, Yu-na was first in the SP by a very small margin, followed by Mao. I think you're thinking about 2008 Worlds, when it comes to the short results. That was the only time Yu-na was so behind in the SP. Yu-na missed the 3Lz in the SP and missed a few jumps in the LP at 2008 GPF. I think Mao also made a mistake in the LP... The numbers are eluding me at the moment.

Yes, you're right. I think Yuna did a bad LP at 2008 GPF and sucummed to pressure or something since it was in Korea.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!

So Wagner is going to juniors? I wished to see her in Vancouver, didn't recognise she is that young. Two good swedish girls at juniors also; Joshi and Angelica. Just saw it starts 8th march and the ISU page with participants. Australia has Jaimee NOBBS listed.

But ...now ... in less than 7 hours ... olympic ladies final ...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Wagner is going to juniors? I wished to see her in Vancouver, didn't recognise she is that young. Two good swedish girls at juniors also; Joshi and Angelica. Just saw it starts 8th march and the ISU page with participants. Australia has Jaimee NOBBS listed.

But ...now ... in less than 7 hours ... olympic ladies final ...

She's 18. But she's still young enough to go to juniors (19 is the age limit, I believe). She was sent to juniors (for the fourth time?!) as a consolation prize for not getting on the Olympic team.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Kwak would probably be at senior Worlds. There's still a second spot there, unless the KSF gives it to the person who won Korean Nationals.

Didn't Kwak win Korean nationals if she is at the Olympics? I would think she would have had to win Korean nationals to make the Olympic team, I don't believe she was on the junior or senior GP curcuit.