Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
That performance is in tribute to his late coach Osborne Colson - who always wanted to see him skate at the Olympics. As for the balloon, that would be pretty impossible to plan it that well. I think it was just a random moment - that turned out perfectly!

Which is probably why the figures were included; if there was a coach that would have known the benefit of teaching figures to a skater in terms of edge development ... that would have been Colson.

i love to skate

Medalist
The fact that Patrick Chan can't even stay on his feet in an exhibition skate says it all.

I think that proves that Johnny Weir should have been there instead.

He did stay on his feet - perhaps you should watch more carefully next time. S/S just had a problem on a throw - does that mean that they shouldn't be there either?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
That performance is in tribute to his late coach Osborne Colson - who always wanted to see him skate at the Olympics.

There are about a billion better versions of Yesterday. I mean, how about just the original? Is Colson a great big fan of Michael Bolton or something? In that case, is it really worth doing a tribute to him?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
2005 called, it wants S/S back with that awful "Bad Day" song. Oh wait, 2005 changed its mind after seeing those jeans.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
He did stay on his feet - perhaps you should watch more carefully next time. S/S just had a problem on a throw - does that mean that they shouldn't be there either?

The reason Chan shouldn't be there is because he was held up by the judges for a lousy skate whereas Weir was held down. Weir would probably have done a better job in the exhibition just like he did in the competition.

Chan fell down in his exhibition just like he did during competition. Therefore, Chan's exhibition program is a reminder of how a bad skate placed over a superior one.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Urgh, I made it through these Olympics without being subjected to Celine Dion's caterwauling, and then Joannie ambushes me with this. Love is over, part II. My ears, they bleed. And speaking of bleeding...

jeanettetan

On the Ice
Not just that; Mao has such a beautiful figure and a pretty face, whoever keeps putting her in these atrocious costumes should be... no, I won't say it, in case I offend those of you who might like her dresses.

i actually thought mao's costumes were quite good considering that she has a russian coach!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Given that Ryan O thinks Chan is a creep, are you really gonna bother debating?

You don't think he's a creep after all the unprofessional things he has said about other skaters and all the boasting he did about how he was Plushenko's biggest threat or the comments he made about Johnny's flowers in the K&C?

Thousands of people are saying the same thing about Chan all over the internet.

It was a gift for him to be at the gala considering how he performed worse than Weir, and he couldn't even get the gala right.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Urgh, I made it through these Olympics without being subjected to Celine Dion's caterwauling, and then Joannie ambushes me with this. Love is over, part II. My ears, they bleed. And speaking of bleeding...

Joannie chose this music in tribute to her mother. That has been widely publicized. I too do not care for Dion, but, I must respect Joannie's class and style in choosing to honour her mother after this difficult week.