Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

christinaskater

Medalist
I totally loved "Meditation of the Thais" by Yu-Na Kim! She skates like a goddess! So much class and elegance! Her musicality is beyond words

So is Shen and Zhao! Simply exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirai was absolutely lovely!

Wished Miki skated with this artistry in her free!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:

Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...

Why so much hate for Crosby?

I'm a Flyers fan! We're not suppose to like Crosby! :p And like I said, I don't like Kane either!

Back to skating!

i love to skate

Medalist
Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.

Too bad you didn't get to enjoy it. We did - almost 24 hours of coverage on three different stations. Also, very much enjoying our 13 gold medals! It's great to be a Canadian!!!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
There's a rumor Nickelback will perform, too. If that happens, VANOC will go down in history as the worst Olympic organizers ever.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I feel sorry for the mods here sometimes ... they must have nerves of steel.:yes::rock:
I ate all popcorn happy, thanx for the nice gala, bonne nuit!:)

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Like I said somewhere else, please americans, email NBC. I did it days ago to tell them how stupid they are. Give examples. NBC is not showing Shen and Zhao, I saw it partly on crappy laptop. They have the best Olympic gold story of the games outside of the joro thing, anyway. Well, someone tell me please if Xhen and Zhao are uploaded somewhere.

Bob Kostas has got to go...Sandra/Scott try to be so PC I yearn for Dick Button to return, but thank God Peggy Flemming quit...such a dull princess...

Jo1

Rinkside
NBC really had no intention of showing the Gala. They just stuck it inbetween long segments of bobsleding and whatever. I didn't see Shen and Shou nor Mao thanks to NBC. How in the world do you let them know their coverage was so abysssmal. I know, don't buy any products from their advertisers. I'm really mad.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Like I said somewhere else, please americans, email NBC. I did it days ago to tell them how stupid they are. Give examples. NBC is not showing Shen and Zhao, I saw it partly on crappy laptop. They have the best Olympic gold story of the games outside of the joro thing, anyway. Well, someone tell me please if Xhen and Zhao are uploaded somewhere.

Bob Kostas has got to go...Sandra/Scott try to be so PC I yearn for Dick Button to return, but thank God Peggy Flemming quit...such a dull princess...

NBC is deaf to what its audience wants. There's a reason why it's the 4th place network (well, really, 5th if you count Univision, the Spanish-only network). They've made disastrous choices one after another. If their executive decisions were represented in a figure skating program, it'd be skated by Carolina Kostner. We don't even have to start a boycott of NBC, people are already doing that on their own.

inside edge

On the Ice
as i am in the u.s., i am watching nbc, therefore i have only seen four performances from the gala thus far. Yu-na was shown just now. Only one other lady skater has made me feel like calling her "la divina". I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found another. For me, yu-na is exquisite. Watching yu-na makes me happy.:love:

I'm still in a glow....

ita!!!!!!!!!!!

Layfan

Record Breaker
So exciting that Mirai got to be in the gala. Still needs to work a bit on her expression. It's absolutely wonderful when it's there, which is usually, but sometimes she forgets... She was so adorable though.

Yuna simply sublime as always.

Joannie - I happened to love what she was wearing. She looked great. Loved her skating tonight, too.

Miki's program was very powerful. But her costume looked like a strange version of Snow White too me.

Shen/Zhao and V/M were the absolute highlight for me. Damn, those pairs are good. For me, both are in a class of their own, just like Yuna in the women's... I actually started clapping without realizing it at when Shen/Zhao stopped skating even though I watched by myself.

Can't wait for the Nam/Nathan Chen showdown in 2018 :biggrin:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
As I am in the U.S., I am watching NBC, therefore I have only seen four performances from the gala thus far. Yu-Na was shown just now. Only one other lady skater has made me feel like calling her "La Divina". I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found another. For me, Yu-Na is exquisite. Watching Yu-Na makes me happy.:love:

I'm still in a glow....

I was actually slightly disappointed by her gala performance ... It wasn't even the popping of one of the jumps. The program itself was .. meh. I was hoping for it to be on the level of, but not like Michelle Kwan's Fields of Gold or Shizuka Arakawa's Ave Maria, but it is not to be ... for me at least.

Love her earrings though.

Last edited: