Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

i love to skate

Medalist
My comments are not trollish. Don't throw that term around when it doesn't apply.

And he does not have every right to skate tonight. There are people all over the forums on the internet who are outraged that he is at the gala and not Johnny.

Canada (because they are the host nation) gets to pick which Canadians they want to skate in the gala. Chan would have been there no matter where he placed.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Canada (because they are the host nation) gets to pick which Canadians they want to skate in the gala. Chan would have been there no matter where he placed.

Dube and Davison aren't skating are they - ? I was wondering why ... I guess the organizers decided to stick strictly to the top 5 regardless of nationality. Torino all of the Italians skated, IIRC.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ooook..I think I ll leave pbp... have fun! It is a gala of skaters guys, no negativity needed, just enjoy it ! :)

i love to skate

Medalist
Dube and Davison aren't skating are they - ? I was wondering why ... I guess the organizers decided to stick strictly to the top 5 regardless of nationality. Torino all of the Italians skated, IIRC.

No, they aren't. That's why Joannie is wearing Jessica's dress :)

ETA:
Ooook..I think I ll leave pbp... have fun! It is a gala of skaters guys, no negativity needed, just enjoy it ! :)

Me too! GS what has happened to you....:cry:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Oh god, not the Adagio again. Why won't it die? Why?

Poor Daisuke on that camel. I haven't seen spin that bad since people insisted random kids plucked from the street had more of a right to skate in the gala than Johnny Weir.

Dies Irae? Really, Miki? An even more somber and dire program than your already funereal competitive programs? Where's the fun? And that dress, I've seen more risque outfits on those Mormon fundamentalist chicks.

There are about a billion better versions of Yesterday. I mean, how about just the original? Is Colson a great big fan of Michael Bolton or something? In that case, is it really worth doing a tribute to him?

2005 called, it wants S/S back with that awful "Bad Day" song. Oh wait, 2005 changed its mind after seeing those jeans.

Urgh, I made it through these Olympics without being subjected to Celine Dion's caterwauling, and then Joannie ambushes me with this. Love is over, part II. My ears, they bleed. And speaking of bleeding...

DesertRoad, going through this thread, I'm at a point where I don't even need to look at the handlename to guess which comments are coming from whom.

Just about all the negative, overly unnecessarily critical ones are from you.
It's just a gala for goodness' sakes.
Relax some and enjoy it!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

That is not the only point here - the point is that he has badly represented Canada by his behaviour and that he was given higher marks than he should have been and was placed above Weir unfairly.

And none of the other non-medalist Canadians who competed are at the gala, so Chan was once again given special treatment. If he is there, so should Dube & Davison, Langlois & Hay, Crone & Poirier, Cynthia Phaneuf and Vaughn Chipeur.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
No, they aren't. That's why Joannie is wearing Jessica's dress :)

ETA:

Me too! GS what has happened to you....:cry:

I was wondering why it didn't look like the dress fit correctly. I am imagining that Joannie was looking for a dress that suited the occasion, and the deep purple and discreet styling would have done it. And yeah, I'm off too ... I love galas, they celebrate sport and achievement, and are supposed to be fun. When people can't let go and enjoy it ... that rather makes me want to exit gracefully.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Glad to see Mao have fun and smile!

Time for some popcorn, it's Senorita's hubby Plushenko!

(and we're spared of the Dima Bilan poopie but we got Johnny Hallyday music instead)

DesertRoad

Final Flight
DesertRoad, going through this thread, I'm at a point where I don't even need to look at the handlename to guess which comments are coming from whom.

Just about all the negative, overly unnecessarily critical ones are from you.
It's just a gala for goodness' sakes.
Relax some and enjoy it!

If you can't handle the snark, the intertubes are not for you.