Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm angry with NBC too. They showed all the gold medalists except for Shen/Zhao. I was so anxious to see their program. :mad: :mad: :mad:

inside edge

On the Ice
so exciting that mirai got to be in the gala. Still needs to work a bit on her expression. It's absolutely wonderful when it's there, which is usually, but sometimes she forgets... She was so adorable though.

Yuna simply sublime as always.

Joannie - i happened to love what she was wearing. She looked great. Loved her skating tonight, too.

Miki's program was very powerful. But her costume looked like a strange version of snow white too me.

Shen/zhao and v/m were the absolute highlight for me. Damn, those pairs are good. For me, both are in a class of their own, just like yuna in the women's... I actually started clapping without realizing it at when shen/zhao stopped skating even though i watched by myself.

Can't wait for the nam/nathan chen showdown in 2018 :biggrin:

ita!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'm angry with NBC too. They showed all the gold medalists except for Shen/Zhao. I was so anxious to see their program. :mad: :mad: :mad:

OMG. Watch it on NBCOlympics.com! They kissed at the end of it! I think it's the first time I've ever seen them kiss!

Layfan

Record Breaker

Oh man, that is just wrong! They were terrific! Mexican public television showed everything! Thank goodness. I was so surprised they showed it live but they did. Hurray!

I didn't expect anything like "Fields of Gold" from Yuna. She is not that type of skater. Not touchy-feely. She's something else. Something great in her own way.

Joannie had the Fields of Gold moment for me...

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I just watched some of the videos on NBC's website. I was planning to stay up till the wee hours to watch NBC's replay, but it looks like it won't be worth it. Thanks guys for the live coverage :)

Is it me or did I just see a great turnout from Yuna in her layback? It looked great, or at least much improved. I am not good at judging spins so can anybody comment on that?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
:no:

Miki would look amazing in the sort of outfits Yuna wears.... Miki's such a pretty girl. She should go for the simple-but-elegant look. She always looks gorgeous just wearing her practice clothes.

Miki is a grown woman, and how! If she wants to show that off, then by all means! Even Yu Na occasionally goes for something modern and sexy.

mhu714

On the Ice
Shame on NBC for showing so few perfs. They didn't even show Mirai or B&A!! Unbelievable. Absolutely pathetic.

darializa

Rinkside
Is it me or did I just see a great turnout from Yuna in her layback? It looked great, or at least much improved. I am not good at judging spins so can anybody comment on that?

Towards the end of the spin, I noticed that her turnout was beautiful. I definitely noticed! Perhaps in her competitive layback, she gets her leg in a position so that it would be easier to grab the skate blade for the Biellman?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Towards the end of the spin, I noticed that her turnout was beautiful. I definitely noticed! Perhaps in her competitive layback, she gets her leg in a position so that it would be easier to grab the skate blade for the Biellman?

Darn, I didn't notice! Now, I'm annoyed at myself... hope it's not too long before it's on Youtube.

miki88

Medalist
I can't believe they completely ignored pairs and the Japanese skaters! NBC coverage sucks. :disapp:

Layfan

Record Breaker
I'm trying to see what's wrong with this costume. Hmmm... hmmm... Further study is required.

My guess, you're a guy while aftertherain and I are girls? :laugh:

No seriously, that one's probably great for the context of the skate, which I don't recognize. I was more reacting to her Olympic costumes - all three of them. It's just too much. Too much going on everywhere. We don't get to see MIKI.