Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

ARipp42014

Medalist
Dies Irae? Really, Miki? An even more somber and dire program than your already funereal competitive programs? Where's the fun? And where are the fun bags? I've seen more risque dresses on those Mormon fundamentalist chicks.

I love Miki's back! :) Rica and Massi wearing black! Nice!

mishieru07

On the Ice
An even more somber and dire program than your already funereal competitive programs? Where's the fun? .

Y'know, what's up with Mao and Miki's music choices this year? It's so depressing. Go take a leaf from Akiko's book!

That said, I think Miki-chan improved on her spirals! That's possibly the highest I've ever seen her free leg.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Oh boy up next is Chosen One! :sheesh:

Ewww it's the Michael Bolton version! :disapp::mad::banging:

screech

Final Flight
Yikes! Patrick almost re-created the Zhangs fall from last O's! Luckily he caught himself before he fell completely.

But nice to see the school figures he did at the start. And the random balloon?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Why butcher "Yesterday"? Chan is still a lovely, remarkable skater. The balloon moment made me smile. Was that cued (I'd assume so, but Rod Black et al aren't acting like it).

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Yikes! Patrick almost re-created the Zhangs fall from last O's! Luckily he caught himself before he fell completely.

But nice to see the school figures he did at the start. And the random balloon?

Yes, figures were fantastic to see ... I always imagined that he was schooled in those ...

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I don't mind all the horrible, wretched things Patrick Chan says. But skating to Michael Bolton? Love is over!

i love to skate

Medalist
Why butcher "Yesterday"? Chan is still a lovely, remarkable skater. The balloon moment made me smile. Was that cued (I'd assume so, but Rod Black et al aren't acting like it).

That performance is in tribute to his late coach Osborne Colson - who always wanted to see him skate at the Olympics. As for the balloon, that would be pretty impossible to plan it that well. I think it was just a random moment - that turned out perfectly!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
The fact that Patrick Chan can't even stay on his feet in an exhibition skate says it all.

I think that proves that Johnny Weir should have been there instead.

flossiebebe

Rinkside
I second the dislike of that Michael Bolton version. I wish they could have found a better version because the tune is wonderfully difficult to dance to