Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

screech

Final Flight
Love Mirai's dress, though I wish it didn't have the completely unnecessary flesh coloured fabric.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Why did Mirai ditch her energetic and sassy Seven Day Fool routine for Generic Ballad No. 4? Major downgrade. Seven Day Fool was even sung by a Canadian.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just found out through a commercial that the legendary Neil Young will be performing at the closing ceremony . . . so cool! :rock:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC has only managed to show exhibitions by Joannie and Evgeni . . . this has to be the most horrible coverage of figure skating in the history of the Olympic Games. :disapp:

aurora100

Final Flight
Here's how the Child to Champion thing should have been done:

First it starts with underachieving parents who want to live vicariously through their child. Little girl cries and says "I don't want to skate", the mom drags her to the rink anyway. Spotlight switches. She's now a teenager, she looks in the mirror and pinches her fat and makes a look of disgust. Spotlight switches, she's in a cast and missing her most important competition. Then, a year later, she does make it to the meet, where she comes in 13th. Cut to a middle-aged woman with arthritis who shudders every time she looks at anything frozen.

You are on a roll. I'm amused.

screech

Final Flight
Love Meryl's dress.

And they did full on competition level twizzles in their exhibition program.

PS, I want Meryl's hair.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Stephane Lambiel's Ne Me Quitte Pas obsoletes all other exhibition numbers in its artistry and choreography.