Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

figuristka

Medalist
I enjoyed being able to see every single skater. Highlights for me were, Lambiel, virtue and Moir, Joannie, S/Z, P/T, Takahashi, Plushenko, and perhaps a few others i cannot think of now. I only missed most of Evan as hubby disconnected the internet by changing a wire.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Yeah, luckily, I do get Universal Sports network with my Time Warner cable package. Things could be worse, but still, NBC's coverage of this Olympics has been unacceptable.

I know! Glad to have RCN Cable. Plus no Scott & Sandra. We might get Andrea & Peter back (though I would love Paul on the booth again)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Looks like naver.com has already uploaded the gala. But you have to install the damn player.

Cadiva

On the Ice
I'm sorry for our fellow figure skating fans in US. Canada is the best country to live for figure skating fans...........and everyone else I might add. THANK YOU CTV/TSN/SNET for airing every single skater in every event and the exhibition. WE LOVE THEM ALL AND YOU ROCK.

The BBC streamed it live on their website as well ;)

Have to say as an event it was a bit meh but it had some beautiful individual performances.

ARipp42014

Medalist
For that, I hope Canada wins hockey tomorrow.
(And my four Sharkies finally win something as well!!! Sorry Pav)

No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.

figuristka

Medalist
They didn't show exhibitions on Finnish tv, but iam thankful for the online Eurovision. Just regret missing alot of the early skaters in competition because of the time difference and having no way to see the skater's i missed live. NBC, CTV etc blocks outside countries.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Which skaters did NBC show? Gala not on West Coast yet..
But I got a sneak peek at Yu-Na's gala and it was beautiful. Except her dress.
The skirt part was lovely but the top was blegh. (probably color made it seem even more blegh)

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Which skaters did NBC show? Gala not on West Coast yet..
But I got a sneak peek at Yu-Na's gala and it was beautiful. Except her dress.
The skirt part was lovely but the top was blegh. (probably color made it seem even more blegh)

Joannie
Davis/White
Plushenko
Yu-Na
Evan

i love to skate

Medalist
No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.

What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...

Last edited:

LisaS

On the Ice

Why so much hate for Crosby?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC must hate the pairs skaters. We didn't get a single pairs team, not even gold medalists Shen/Zhao! :scowl:

magicalwords

On the Ice
Joannie
Davis/White
Plushenko
Yu-Na
Evan

NBC :disagree:
They've got to show more skaters or they totally deserve F for the coverage.
From the other posts, it seems like they're gonna show more skaters so please please at least Gold Medalists (I can't believe I am saying please for this) and some other medalists too!!!

aurora100

Final Flight
That's because NBC and other American networks provide a substantial chunk of the funding for the IOC. And in turn, NBC and such have to show ads and try to make some of that bank back. Our loss is enabling your enjoyment. >:[ You owe it to us to pirate your feeds and upload your videos.

Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess I should be thankful for small blessings though, like Scott not reminding me for the millionth time during his exhibition that his beloved Evan is "the hardest working figure skater in the world." :rolleye::disapp:

*Sniper*

On the Ice

I couldn't care less for Crosby, either, but my Sharkies need to win something before they retire!!!
Did you see Nabokov's performance in quarterfinal Russia vs. Canada?
The Sharks are not going far in the playoffs.... AGAIN!!!!