So, what is Elvis going to complain about this morning? | Golden Skate

So, what is Elvis going to complain about this morning?

Johar

Medalist
Inquiring minds want to know if he is mad Mao performed two triple axels last night and was still well below Yu-Na Kim's score.

dgel

On the Ice
I'm guessing it will be the lack of quads, and dominance of un-manly skating in the women's long :)

chloepoco

Medalist
Inquiring minds want to know if he is mad Mao performed two triple axels last night and was still well below Yu-Na Kim's score.

I really don't understand all this Elvis hate. Sure, what he's saying, and how he's saying it, might not be the popular view. However, he is entitled to his opinion. I feel that if anyone needs to eat crow for what they put into print, it's Phil Hersh.

Johar

Medalist
Nobody said we hate him, so relax. I actually thought he was robbed at one of his Olympics.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I really don't understand all this Elvis hate. Sure, what he's saying, and how he's saying it, might not be the popular view. However, he is entitled to his opinion. I feel that if anyone needs to eat crow for what they put into print, it's Phil Hersh.

We're not criticizing his right to have his opinion. We're criticizing the narrow focus thereof, the insistance in using archaic gender roles and the lack of knowledge inherent in said opinions.

chloepoco

Medalist
Nobody said we hate him, so relax. I actually thought he was robbed at one of his Olympics.

I'm not defending him per se, I'm just saying he's allowed to have his opinion without people starting new threads about him such as this one. I believe there already is a thread about him (and if some of those are not hateful remarks directed at him, I don't know what is).

Nadine

Record Breaker
No worries, Elvis Stojko is so strong, I'm sure he'll take it all in stride. *wink* He knows exactly what he's doing. *smile*

:laugh:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm not defending him per se, I'm just saying he's allowed to have his opinion without people starting new threads about him such as this one. I believe there already is a thread about him (and if some of those are not hateful remarks directed at him, I don't know what is).

These kind of arguments always make me smile. Should freedom of speech should only apply one way? EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion. Many people (me obviously included) feel that Stojko's opinions are worthy of criticism. Personally i find all his "skating should be more butch" as very insulting and feel the need to express the counter view at every opporttunity available. So far I couldn't disagree more with his opinions and the way he has expressed his opinions over the years makes me not feel the need to express my counter opinions in a "nice" way. He's made his bed, he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with the fall out.

Ant

chloepoco

Medalist
These kind of arguments always make me smile. Should freedom of speech should only apply one way? EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion. Many people (me obviously included) feel that Stojko's opinions are worthy of criticism. Personally i find all his "skating should be more butch" as very insulting and feel the need to express the counter view at every opporttunity available. So far I couldn't disagree more with his opinions and the way he has expressed his opinions over the years makes me not feel the need to express my counter opinions in a "nice" way. He's made his bed, he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with the fall out.

Ant

In this case, he hasn't even stated his opinion yet. The original poster made a thread asking "So what is Elvis going to complain about now". My point is, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion; I just don't understand all the hate directed towards him, and I don't agree with 99% of what he says.

In any case, I'm sorry for even posting in this thread in the first place.

jennylovskt

Medalist
This thread has been created for pure speculation and hatred. So far, I don't see any evidence of his additional comments other than those have already been posted and shredded in other threads.

DesertRoad

Final Flight

He already complained about the results in a live blog last night. He said Yu Na's score was "inflated", and that Mao Asada was "underscored DRASTICALLY". He also said that people "can't even compare the technical difficulty of [Mao Asada's] program" to Yu Na's. I doubt his mood has improved any after a night's sleep.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
He already complained about the results in a live blog last night. He said Yu Na's score was "inflated", and that Mao Asada was "underscored DRASTICALLY". He also said that people "can't even compare the technical difficulty of [Mao Asada's] program" to Yu Na's. I doubt his mood has improved any after a night's sleep.

Yes, the technical difficulty of a program with 4 triples, a double flip, a double axel, and a single toeloop. Quite challenging for a skater of her callibre.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
yes, i said 4 triples, 2 axels, a flip, and a loop. however, she also performed a double flip-double loop-loop, a single toeloop, and a double axel. Yu-Na had six TRIPLES. How could Elvis ever say the technical difficulty was greater than Yu-Na?

miki88

Medalist
yes, i said 4 triples, 2 axels, a flip, and a loop. however, she also performed a double flip-double loop-loop, a single toeloop, and a double axel. Yu-Na had six TRIPLES. How could Elvis ever say the technical difficulty was greater than Yu-Na?

Because Elivis believes for a woman to accomplish two triple axels takes a greater degree of difficulty, which is not an unreasonable argument.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Because Elivis believes for a woman to accomplish two triple axels takes a greater degree of difficulty, which is not an unreasonable argument.

Not under the IJS. Look at the base value for their elements.

KIM: 60.90
ASADA: 55.86

The proof is evident.