Best Overall Competition?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Overall Competition??

Which category was the best in Vancouver?

• Pairs

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Men

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Dance

Votes: 55 24.9%
  • Ladies

Votes: 131 59.3%
  • Who Cares?? Moguls ruled!

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Nadia01

Final Flight
Definitely ladies.

No falls, and everyone skated well.

Men...well....hmm. It was just okay.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I voted dance, because it was so-o-o-o satisfying to me . The Ladies was really wonderful and pretty much a tie.

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought the top 7 ladies did amazing so I vote for the ladies. The ice dance was also very good.
I didn't vote for the men because they had too many errors and I was disappointed that Johnny Weir didn't place higher and that Lambiel faltered.
I think the pairs competition was a bit unfair. The 2nd place Chinese deserved gold but they weren't the sentimental favorites.

dannyascii

On the Ice
Men then ladies.
The men's short program was possibly the most exciting night of skating I'd ever seen. Everyone skated phenomenally! It was nuts! Yea, the freeskate wasn't quite as great, but it was also closer than the ladies. It was really a fight to the finish.
Ladies did a great job too though. I definitely underestimated a lot of the ladies and Mao and Yuna's freeskates were epic. Joannie's was spectacular and Mirai showed that maybe just maybe there's hope for the US ladies program. :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Men then ladies.
The men's short program was possibly the most exciting night of skating I'd ever seen. Everyone skated phenomenally! It was nuts! Yea, the freeskate wasn't quite as great, but it was also closer than the ladies. It was really a fight to the finish.
Ladies did a great job too though. I definitely underestimated a lot of the ladies and Mao and Yuna's freeskates were epic. Joannie's was spectacular and Mirai showed that maybe just maybe there's hope for the US ladies program. :)

:think: Are you forgetting about Joubert, Verner, and Abbott's meltdowns? And Chan and Lambiel being sub-par for them? I'd actually say the men's SP had quite a few dissapointments.

Layfan

Record Breaker
:think: Are you forgetting about Joubert, Verner, and Abbott's meltdowns? And Chan and Lambiel being sub-par for them? I'd actually say the men's SP had quite a few dissapointments.

ITA. The men were supposed to be this really deep field in which anyone of 10 skaters could make the podium or even win the gold. Instead, all the above took themselves out of contention in the SP ... :cry: