Closing ceremonies | Golden Skate

Closing ceremonies

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I thought the closing ceremonies were supposed to start at 7:30 EST. NBC is showing highlights from the games. Does it mean that the ceremony is delayed? Or is NBC's usual BS?

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I thought the closing ceremonies were supposed to start at 7:30 EST. NBC is showing highlights from the games. Does it mean that the ceremony is delayed? Or is NBC's usual BS?

Oops.. nevermind. I was off by an hour in converting to EST. The ceremonies start at 8:30 EST.

Lotta

On the Ice
lmao I love how they're making fun of the whole Cauldron Fail in the Opening Ceremonies. XD Win, Canada. Epic win! :D

DesertRoad

Final Flight
It'd be plenty funny with just a maintenance guy. Why'd they have to make him a clown? Clowns are evil and nobody likes 'em. Would've been even funnier if they had someone famous as the maintenance dude.

millie

Medalist
it'd be plenty funny with just a maintenance guy. Why'd they have to make him a clown? Clowns are evil and nobody likes 'em. Would've been even funnier if they had someone famous as the maintenance dude.

picky< picky< picky!!!!!!!

Just sit back and enjoy the great show. We are so proud to be Canadians.

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Haha, Navka/Kostamarov tiffin' it up for Sochi :laugh: man-cleaveage and all (cheese: defined)

Diva

On the Ice
Just saw that newspaper article:

At the closing ceremony of XXI Olympic Winter Games, eight minutes will be devoted to the presentation of Sochi, the Russian city where the 2014 Winter Games to take place.

The presentation of Sochi 2014 will carry the concept of "The past, the present and the future of the national sport".

Our illustrious past will be represented by three-times Olympic champions Irina Rodnina and Vladislav Tretiak.

The present: the Olympic medalist Evgeny Plushenko and Alexander Ovechkin who participated in the Olympics-2006 and 2010, but not yet won a single medal.

The beautiful future will be shown by the children of Ekaterina Gordeeva and Igor Larionov.

Gordeeva's children are 17-year-old Daria (the father - two-time Olympic champion Sergei Grinkov, who died during training in 1995) and 8-years-old Elizabeth (her father is Olympic figure skating champion Ilya Kulik).

Larionov's children (and his wife's, two-time World junior's champion in figure skating Elena Batanova) are 22-year-old Alena, 18-year-old Diana and 11-year-old Igor.

Did someone see Daria and Liza??

seniorita

Record Breaker
Wow Russia has a 10 minutes anthem, is the whole story of the country inside the anthem?I liked it ;)
Nice Socchi ceremony. And Navka!

When someone sings the greek anthem with this voice, i cringe. Nevertheless it is always nice to hear it in Winter Olympics cause somehow it is the only way it can be heard there:p

I saw Liza yes.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
The Russian presentation was the best part. Nothing too unexpected, but it's a lot easier to avoid tackiness and cheesiness when the country actually has some culture and history to back it up.

Not that tacky and cheesy can't be fun if you make it so over the top, as the Canadians did.

Although, that horrible Canadian comedian woman was nowhere near as good as the beat poet in the opening ceremony. She was so ingratiating.

Ha! NBC chacks Nickelback. Finally, a chack we can all embrace.

seniorita

Record Breaker
too bad, you miss Avril Lavigne (or not too bad:p)

Oh my god!!! alanis morissette!!! Thank you Canada!:love:

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I watched the closing ceremony on NBC and they cut the last hour of the ceremony off. Really stupid

I watched the entire ceremony BUT I did not see Daria, Liza or any of the kids did anybody get a clip of it? I saw Evgeni though and honestly, I did not enjoy seeing him, or Navka/Kos.

OK, this is now officially the worst Olympic coverage in the history of the games. NBC TV just cut away from the closing ceremonies to show Jerry Seinfeld's new idiotic comedy show about a stuffed dog.

Back to the Olympics in a half hour.

Whatever happened to the Gala? Was that tape delayed till next Sunday? Damn, I got myself all comfortable for the Gala and it never took place.

Johar

Medalist
***! They just cut off the closing ceremony and never went back to it, as the local news is on after the Seinfeld show. How rude.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I watched the entire ceremony BUT I did not see Daria, Liza or any of the kids did anybody get a clip of it? I saw Evgeni though and honestly, I did not enjoy seeing him, or Navka/Kos.

It was liza for sure, i m not sure for daria. Rodnina, hockey player, Plush and one more.

And what didnt you enjoy, 4 champions wearing the Sochi outfit waving at the camera for one second?? Ok for Plush hate skatingwise, but honestly people...I mean wow, it was one freaking second of him. I ll pass...it is pathetic and beyond my little mind.