Federica Faiella/Massimo Scali-Reneissance on Ice | Golden Skate

Federica Faiella/Massimo Scali-Reneissance on Ice

I've always liked this Team and even more when I watched their Tarantella, but like the Kerrs, they will always be top 10 in the big competitions, but never on the podium. I mean like, even that stressful couple at the Olys which won the bronze and really should have been placed out of the top ten, let alone in the top 3. Culture prevails in the Ice Dance division. No?

Vlad

On the Ice
Well,maybe.I just think they skate not only for podium.They show us a wonderful artistry.And people feel it.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Yes, I agree. They improved tremendously during the last 2 years.
I will never understand that, how on the earth they can be beaten by Domnina-Shabalin at any time this year.
100 % better, than Fusar-Poli/Margaglio ever been.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well,maybe.I just think they skate not only for podium.They show us a wonderful artistry.And people feel it.

I agree. I do not profess to know all of the ins and outs of ice dancing, rule changes, technical efficiency, lifts and tricks, what I do know is that when I watch F/S I always say to myself after their performance, now that was ice dancing.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I feel that they haven't peaked yet! We still have to see them skate to their full potencial! I least that's what I think!

:rock:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked them before, but I absolutely loved their programs this season.

herios

Medalist
Yes, I agree. They improved tremendously during the last 2 years.
I will never understand that, how on the earth they can be beaten by Domnina-Shabalin at any time this year.
100 % better, than Fusar-Poli/Margaglio ever been.

Faiella and Scali's improvement started actually following their move to Krylova / Camerlengo camp, in 2006. At 2008 worlds you could see their better programs and marks and results got better. Just a reminder, there finished for the first time in the top 5 at worlds, with a free skate marked above Kho / Nov, who won their first bronze.
Last year they earned their first european silver medal, but at worlds, they had an unfortunate fall leading to a subpar result.
This year they lost the European title only because of the big gap in the CD against Dom / Sha. I hope the judging will be fair and give them their first world medal in Turin, where in the absence of Dom / Sha and Bel / Ago, they are the third ranked team. And being in Italy, that would be a trhill for them and their fans.
About their programs, I consider Pasquale Camerlengo, their choreographer, one of the best today in the whole world, right up there with Lori Nichol and David Wilson. He did Jeremy Abbott's LP as well, which is a beauty.

Last edited:

MissCleo

On the Ice
YAY! Finally, a love thread for F/S! I'm glad they have a FD that is more accessible and easier for others to like, even though I dont enjoy this years FD as much as their previous ones. I absolutely swooned over the Butterfly and Pierot free dances. I youtubed as many of their programs one day and herios is defintely right. They have gotten so much better, the difference can be seen right at 2007-2008 season. They had some cringe-worthy mishaps in a few of their performances. I'm crossing my fingers that they do well at Worlds no matter what position the judges place them

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't podium in Turin. Hometown boost, prospective retirements, two great programs? Plus they got a boost in Vancouver for their CD too. I doubt they're gonna be top two, but bronze is well within reach.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I was NOT their fan before, because of the change of the "sexus" between this 2. Massimo was over the top, all over the places, making the tricks and show himself as "primadonna".
In the last 2 years it changed a lot to its better. Their programs improved a lot.
I really like their both programs this year. Definitely worths to beat Domnina/Shabalin for the bronze, I hope it is gonna happen. They are better now, the programs are better and way more polished this year than the rusty Russians.

herios

Medalist
I was NOT their fan before, because of the change of the "sexus" between this 2. Massimo was over the top, all over the places, making the tricks and show himself as "primadonna".
In the last 2 years it changed a lot to its better. Their programs improved a lot.
I really like their both programs this year. Definitely worths to beat Domnina/Shabalin for the bronze, I hope it is gonna happen. They are better now, the programs are better and way more polished this year than the rusty Russians.
Domnina /Shabalin will not be in Turin, as they start right away touring with ilia Averbukh (you can read it on their website). Therefore Faaiella and Scali should be the favorites for the bronze and I hope they get it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A key part of whether Faiella & Scali medal in Turin will be how well they perform the Golden Waltz CD. They finished behind K/N in this segment of the competition at CoC. They will have to do better than that at Worlds or they will be placed too far below whichever team is in third place in the CD to medal, (most likely P&B or K&N, who will be their country's number one teams in Turin, whereas they were 2nd place from their country in Vancouver). Furthermore, the Kerrs did a very spiffy Golden Waltz at TEB, placing ahead of P&B in the CD there. 35.37 points in the CD (as at CoC) could put them as much as 6 points down out of 3rd place. I hope they have worked very hard on this dance, so that they can win the bronze.

I really, really like their OD this year! They really catch the character of the Tarantella.

Vlad

On the Ice
Agreed.But also their FS music is so great!It based on a part of italian history and it's so emotional.

Ryan_Jahnke

Spectator
These guys are one of my favorite teams as well. I loved their OD at the Olympics. I wonder if they'll ever look powerful enough to get on the World podium. I really hope they do. The size difference between them is not all that much so it makes it tough.