Best Male Commentator | Golden Skate

Best Male Commentator

D

Dee4707

Best Male Commentator

I do like commentary at times and wondered who you like.

M

mike79

Re: Best Male Commentator

I voted for Scott because I love the enthusiasm he brings to his commentary. A few years ago I woud've said Dick but lately he can't even figure out the difference between a double and a triple jump, plus he talks too much compared to few years ago.

G

GoldenLady1

Best Male Commentator?

I voted for Scott too, for the same reason.

T

The Queen of Hughs

Re: Best Male Commentator?

I voted for Dick, he tells it like it is and at least he isn't biased like someone else...

K

Kara Bear

Rod Black. He started out as just a typical sports guy but he has learned a lot about figure skating while commentating for CTV and it really shows. And he has the cutest eyes...sigh.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:navy;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">Scott is partially responsible for the fiasco in SLC and needs to learn to be unbiased if he is to continue as a commentator. I find his unbridled enthusiasm for certain skaters unprofessional and annoying. I'm not looking for a groupie, just a commentator. No one has ever come close to Dick's level of expertise--he's simply the very best that ever was.</span>

S

shadair

Dick Button. The broadcasts always seem bland when he isn't one of the commentators. He can be very irritating at times but it's just not the same without him.

S

starshinexavier

My fav is Rod Black! He's really become one of the best skating commentators out there!

A

Aloft02

Isn't Rod Black the guy that shuffles papers back and forth from pile to pile all the time he's talking on camera?? Maybe not. Dark guy with no visible sense of humor and a monotone voice?? If so, he drives me nuts, absolutely nuts :mad:

I

icenut84

Dick Button rabbits on too much. I'd vote for either Robin Cousins (BBC) or Chris Howarth & Simon Reed, the wonderful duo from British Eurosport. They are fair, articulate, knowledgeable, and very funny! :)

K

Kzarah

Our vote goes to Peter Carruthers. Terry Gannon wasn't a skater. Scott Hamilton is loud and gets too carried away. Dick may call it like he thinks it is, but often makes mistakes like calling a double toe loop a triple salchow. We find Peter to be knowledgeable, educational and enthusiastic.
Daniel and Little Lulu

T

The Queen of Hughs

Chris and Simon are great, wish we could get some commentators like that in the U.S.!

J

Jules Asner

I voted for Dick Button. He says what he thinks, instead of what he thinks people want him to say.

L

Ladskater

None of the above. Toller Crantson was the best male commentator. Rod Black (of Canada) is the best we have now (not a skater). His enthusiasm is incredible and warmth towards the skaters is genuine.

Ladskater

K

Kasey

There's no "other" option! Brian Boitano is a great, fair commentator! I love Scotty Hamilton too, but he gets a little too biased and excited sometimes!
Kasey