World's Prediction Thread | Golden Skate

World's Prediction Thread

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't believe we don't have one yet!

Ladies:

Yu-na Kim. Not as spectacular as at the Olympics due to her cold and not wanting it as bad.
Mao. More great skating from Mao but again unable to catch her rival. A downgraded jump in the LP.
Mirai. She lands her 3/3 in the short and skates lights out in the free again.

Men:

Plushenko does his schick and wins easily as he crowns himself the new King.
Daisuke Takahasi gets the GOE that he deserves even with the fall on the quad. again.
Patrick Chan redeems himslef and get a bronze.

Pairs:
who is going? Germans win if they go.

Dance:
Virue and Moir. The golden team.
Davis and White. right on thier heels
Fallia and Scali. Finally get a medal.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm going to predict 10 spots because there are so many people.

For Ladies: this is assuming JoRo and Caro don't show, which I have heard they will not

1.) Yuna
2.) Mao
3.) Mirai
4.) Miki
5.) Rachael
6.) Laura
7.) Akiko
8.) Alena
9.) Ksenia
10.) Min-Jung Kwak :love: (hey, who knows with those Euro ladies being so inconsistent)

Men: assuming Joubert and Lambiel do not go

1.) Plushenko
2.) Oda
3.) Chan
4.) Kozuka
5.) Johnny
6.) Jeremy
7.) Brezina
8.) Bradley
9.) Contesti
10.) Verner

Last edited:

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I'm going to predict 10 spots because there are so many people.

For Ladies: this is assuming JoRo and Caro don't show, which I have heard they will not

1.) Yuna
2.) Mao
3.) Mirai
4.) Miki
5.) Rachael
6.) Laura
7.) Alena
8.) Ksenia
9.) Kiira
10.) Min-Jung Kwak :love: (hey, who knows with those Euro ladies being so inconsistent)

You really think Akiko will be out of the top 10?!

:p

silverlake22

Record Breaker
You really think Akiko will be out of the top 10?!

:p

Realistically no, because at least one of the European ladies is likely to bomb, and Kwak more realistically will be 12th or something. I'm going replace Kiira with Akiko now though, because Kiira just had the SOHL at the Olympics and I don't think she"ll have another one at worlds.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:eek:

Where did you see that? And why are they not going?

:cry:

I heard Marchei might take Carolina's place so Carolina can take time to regroup, and Joannie I think is doing a show the days before worlds starts. I don't know for sure about this though.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I would hate it if they skipped Worlds.

:cry:

Well apparently Joannie is going to worlds now? Someone said that she confirmed it but i'm not sure. As for Carolina, there has been no official announcement that she won't go so I don't know about her either. They could both be there but as of right now there are a lot of people who are still question marks...like Joubert (test skate?), Caro (Marchei?), Joannie (show?), Bradley (broken ankle?).....I wish someone had the answers.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yuna, Mao and Mirai -- provided that they do decent. I can't predict the exact placement since Yuna has a cold right now, and I wonder how much effect it's going to have on her condition and stamina.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Plushenko does his schick and wins easily as he crowns himself the new King.
Daisuke Takahasi gets the GOE that he deserves even with the fall on the quad. again.
Patrick Chan redeems himslef and get a bronze.

Patrick Chan was very overmarked at the Olympics and I think that should count as his medal for this year.

I certainly hope to see fairer judging in the men's event at Worlds.

What I would most like to see is for Johnny Weir to skate well again and get on the podium. It will help make up for his under-marking at the Olympics.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan was very overmarked at the Olympics and I think that should count as his medal for this year.

I certainly hope to see fairer judging in the men's event at Worlds.

What I would most like to see is for Johnny Weir to skate well again and get on the podium. It will help make up for his under-marking at the Olympics.

OTH, Patrick's season got off to a slow and rocky start with injuries and his coaching situation and it could be that he finally peaks at worlds and deservedly gets a medal. Needs to land his 3as though.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joannie is only doing an exhibition tribute to her mom, but from all current sources I'm aware of still plans to compete at Worlds. She's not competing in that pro Thin Ice event, so her eligibility for Worlds is still in tact.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Okay so now that Joannie is in and Johnny Weir is out, I'm changing my predictions.

Ladies:

1.) Yu Na
2.) Mao
3.) Mirai
4.) Rachael
5.) Joannie
6.) Miki
7.) Akiko
8.) Laura
9.) Ksenia
10.) Alena/Elene

Men:

1.) Plushy
2.) Nobu
3.) PChiddy
4.) Dai
5.) Jeremy
6.) Kozuka
7.) Michal
8.) Adam
9.) Tomas
10.) Ryan/Contesti

Layfan

Record Breaker
Okay so now that Joannie is in and Johnny Weir is out, I'm changing my predictions.

Ladies:

1.) Yu Na
2.) Mao
3.) Mirai
4.) Rachael
5.) Joannie
6.) Miki
7.) Akiko
8.) Laura
9.) Ksenia
10.) Alena/Elene

Men:

1.) Plushy
2.) Nobu
3.) PChiddy
4.) Dai
5.) Jeremy
6.) Kozuka
7.) Michal
8.) Adam
9.) Tomas
10.) Ryan/Contesti

I like your prediction for the women and I'm tempted just to shamelessly steal it :biggrin:... but for fun let me fiddle a little towards the bottom:

1. Yuna
2. Mao
3. Mirai (this is bit of a leap of faith but I'll take the plunge.)
4. Miki
5. Joannie
7. Rachael
8. Akiko
9. Lepisto
10. Alena

Now, just for fun, here's how I'd rank it if I were the judge and all the above skate to their potential:

1. Kim
2. Mao
4. Mirai
5. Joannie
6. Miki
7. Akiko
8. Lepisto
9. Rachael
10. Alena

I'm sure a lot of people will think well thank goodness SHE'S not a judge but there it is. :cool:

With the men, I'm curious why you have Dai so low?

Anyway, here is my prediction in a competition that I think will be very unpredictable, aside from Plush being a strong favorite for gold.

1. Plushy
2. Dai
3. Jeremy/Chan/Oda

I predict Jeremy will either medal or bomb. In any case, he will not be fourth, fifth or sixth because if he skates clean, I say he's on the podium.

breeze

Rinkside
My prediction is also very close to the above two.

Ladies:
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Nagasu
4. Flatt
5. Rochette

This is considering Rochette might not be in her top form right now. But if she can pull herself together through the end of the season and again show us the strength and concentration as she did in Vancouver, I think she will probably take bronze, or even silver. She did beat Asada quite a few times in the last year, didn't she? Personally I hope she manages to deliver two good performances and take a medal. The downside of this happening will be Mirai out of podium, though. :frown:

Men:
1. Plushenko
2. Takahashi
3,4. Oda / Abbott
5. Chan

I just couldn't decide 3, 4 between Oda with new skate laces and Abbott with a clean free skate. :biggrin: And I agree with Layfan that Abbott will either medal or bomb.

Toby1Dawg

Rinkside
If everyone skates their best and the judges are fair:
Men
1. Takahashi
2. Abbott
3. Plushenko (only if he does more jumps in 2nd half and there are enough judges on the panel that give hip grinding and blowing kisses higher PCS)
4. Oda
5. Kozuka
6. Chan
7. Rippon

Joubert, stick a fork in him. Amodio is the French #1 and will now receive higher marks.

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Nagasu
4. Suzuki
5. Ando
6. Rochette
7. Lepisto
8. Flatt

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I can't believe we don't have one yet!

It's probably because it's hard to make predictions for an event where we don't yet know who the competitors will be. They keep changing every day with more withdrawals.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Still confusing because of more and more withdrawals.

Ladies:
1. Kim
2.Asada
3.Nagasu

Men:
1.Takahashi
2.Plushenko
3.Chan
( A flawless Abbot-very unlikely happens- can WIN this).

Pairs:
1.Pang-Tong
2.Savchenko-Szolkowy
3.Mukhortova-Trankov

Dance:
1.Virtue-Moir
2.Davies-White
3.Faiella-Scali

Layfan

Record Breaker
My prediction is also very close to the above two.

Ladies:
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Nagasu
4. Flatt
5. Rochette

This is considering Rochette might not be in her top form right now. But if she can pull herself together through the end of the season and again show us the strength and concentration as she did in Vancouver, I think she will probably take bronze, or even silver. She did beat Asada quite a few times in the last year, didn't she? Personally I hope she manages to deliver two good performances and take a medal. The downside of this happening will be Mirai out of podium, though. :frown:

Men:
1. Plushenko
2. Takahashi
3,4. Oda / Abbott
5. Chan

I just couldn't decide 3, 4 between Oda with new skate laces and Abbott with a clean free skate. :biggrin: And I agree with Layfan that Abbott will either medal or bomb.

:laugh:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
With the men, I'm curious why you have Dai so low?

After his GPF LP, I've had my doubts about Dai's consistency. That one program made him drop from 1st in the SP to 5th overall. Plus if he goes for the quad and falls again that will hurt him. With men it's also unpredictable because I never expected Oda and Kozuka to finish as low as 7th and 8th at the Olympics but they did and that was with both of them skating pretty well.

I'm also wondering how plausible people think Bradley, Contesti, and Verner making the top 10 is? I mean, I know they are more than capable, and I just hope they can redeem themselves after poor showings at the Olympics and for Ryan, his SP at nationals. I'm not expecting anything fantastic out of these men at worlds but finishing 8th or 10th would definitely end the season on a higher note than their abysmal finishes at the Olympics, and give them some more confidence heading into next season (for Contesti and Verner). I'm just a little worried about PCS though, they both got really low PCS at the Olympics and I don't really know why. Do PCS go down when you bomb a program like they did?