Evan and his DWTS Partner | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Evan and his DWTS Partner

ranjake

Final Flight
Thanks so much for the encore youtube! Even better the second time around! I don't know who will win. I'd love Evan to win, but I love Erin,too- she's a doll and she's been so brave. And I think Nicole gets bashed probably sometimes unfairly (by me, as well).

Joesitz, I love your Evan/Sasha idea. I'd LOVE for Sasha to try to compete in pairs- she'd be so special, and she's the perfect weight to make lifts a cinch.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Evan...I hope he wins....If he doesn't I know this experience will help his skating....I hope he keeps Anna for chorography...He really put his heart and soul into it.....WIN...WIN...WIN.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The Pasa Doble was very special. I would give him the award for most improved from day 1, easily. He did show signs of it in his rendition of Don Jose (Carmen) on skates. He has the makings and looks of a good Spanish dancer. I'm thinking about him and Sasha doing a Spanish like duet in SOI.

Yes, Evan has improved a lot. His Paso Doble is the most awesome, but he was really great also e.g. in Quickstep, Futuristic Cha-Cha-Cha, Argentinian Tango and Foxtrot, too. I wonder what music he will have for the finals?

That is a very good idea about Evan and Sasha!!!

Last edited:
Joesitz, I love your Evan/Sasha idea. I'd LOVE for Sasha to try to compete in pairs- she'd be so special, and she's the perfect weight to make lifts a cinch.
I really think it is too late for a competitive Pairs team, but for show skating I think they could rework all those dances to ice for nifty routines in SOI and other skating shows. The lifts do not have to be so acrabatic as in Pairs, but ballet and spanish lifts in Dance.

It's time for coaches to start teaching pas de deux to all Single skaters for show purposes. How about Brezina/Nagasu?

sporkwhatspork

Rinkside
Evan and Anna are choosing to repeat their Argentine Tango as their favorite dance of the season. And, in a twist, the other two couples both chose the AT as well! This is the first time that the finalists have all chosen the same repeat dance. It will be interesting to be able to compare the three routines back-to-back-to-back. Personally, even though Nicole is obviously a better dancer, I greatly preferred Evan's. Of course, I am biased. :) But to me, Evan & Anna had a lot more chemistry in their AT than Nicole and Derek had in theirs.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Evan tonight. I hope he wins or Erin. Your thoughts???

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Evan tonight. I hope he wins or Erin. Your thoughts???

I am hoping Evan wins. The scores for their FD last night were garbage. I don't get the low scores the judges gave Evan and Anna. It was obvious they did not like it but IMO it was performed pretty darn perfect and with a lot of energy and the timing was right on, that is pretty difficult to do. They deserved a higher score than 24. It was almost as if their score was predestined to happen. After the fluff they had on with Anna and Evan disagreeing and Anna crying and all. The cynic in me says that it may have been all staged, for what reason I haven't a clue. After last night I think Erin has a good chance to win that Crystal Ball.

76olympics

On the Ice
I am not much of a voting girl, but I voted for Evan last night. I think the freestyle round could be scrapped anyway. It doesn't really tap into the growth arc from the ballroom/latin dances that the stars do up to that point. It's a shame that you can't do a fusion of two standard dance styles-the pros and the stars would be more comfortable and I think the dances would come out better. I didn't even like Kristi's freestyle that much and she was great all the way through.

Also, it was odd that they depicted all this last minute "friction" between Evan and Anna- I don't think that was reflective of their total partnership. Both seem to be professional workaholics- not angsty dramatic individuals.

It would be cool if Evan could take the win, but I think Nicole will probably win. She performs well, but I have never mustered up too much excitement for her. I like Erin, but their freestyle was not dancing to me.

Disclaimer: I only watch this show when a figure skater is competing!:rolleye:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Voted all five of my votes last night for Evan and Anna. The judges must have been high on something last night. Evan was great! Rewound my tape and didn't see him off sync anymore than Nicole and Derek. Sounds like the judges decided how to comment before the competition! 42

Jhar55

Medalist
The judges have set up Nicole from the star to win, and yes she is a bette dancer. I am hoping for Evan or Erin to win. :yay:
Nicoles dance last night was more splits and leg lifts than dancing. JMO

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think Evan was stunned to find himself mired in 3rd place last night as was I. Although I certainly would not have picked that jove/swing type dance for him, he performed it 100% and showed a lot of personality. The Waltz was great too.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I'm sad!!!!

Aww don't be sad Dee. Both Nicole and Evan were beautiful to look at, both had personality, both could dance, but Evan could not keep up with Nicole's secret weapons which were full body gyrations, hip shaking and sexiness. I enjoyed watching Evan put everything into his performances and he did us skating fans proud.

With Nicole the Winner, so ends a very intersting DWTS. On the plus side Evan got a lot of dance training from Ana and the judges. Hopefully it pays off with his skating. Maybe a good Argentine Tango music for the SP will set him up for the LP. He did an excellent job.

ranjake

Final Flight
Evan did really well. I'm proud of him. I really enjoyed this season. Wish Len wouldn't have "declared" Nicole the deserving winner before she won!( before Evanna even danced their last dance!) but still- loved the show overall. I love Erin Andrews,too- my Monday nights will not be as fun for sure.