Mirai fluff | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mirai fluff

Lulu1234

Spectator
Here is an article about Mirai's World's preparation and Olympic experience.

http://figureskating.teamusa.org/news/2010/03/22/nagasu-flying-high/34779?ngb_id=3

"Do you want some cheese with your whine?" :)
a quote from the article by Frank Carroll

Thank you your post.
It is a nice article.
Like other top skaters, Mirai sounds like a bit exhausted from the Olympic, doesn't she?
Hope Mirai can recharge her energy till tomorrow.

Now, sorry for an entry level question, but
what does Frank mean by "Do you want some cheese with your whine"?

Does Frank play on words like Cheese (=simle) with whine (=wine)?

dlgpffps

Final Flight
apparently, people eat cheese while drinking wine. so that phrase is just a light-hearted way to say, "stop whining."

i would like to see Mirai on the podium.

How cute. I must start using that pun :) Agree with Spun Silver. Barring disaster (which I don't see coming), you sure have your wish!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Here is a Universal highlite clip of Mirai's SP with comments from Tara.
Tara wondered about the opening 3x3 - if it would be downgraded.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9k8374A384

Watching Mirai's reactions in the K&C is fun - here they show her reaction to her score and when she sees she is in 1st place.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Here is the Worlds SP medal ceremony with Mirai, Mao and Laura. Somehow Mirai manages to make this little presentation funny. :)

Also they stand next to each other and it is a good chance to compare their heights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqS_PInS4o

Mao and Laura are like the exact same height and Mirai is a little shorter. I actually thought Mirai was taller than both of them! On a Canadian site it said Mirai is 5'5" but I think that must be wrong....

Hikaru

Final Flight
Oh my, that was adorable. Oh and not only is Mirai an amazing skater and person but she's a HOTTIE too :). Oh and gotta love that picture of her and PATRICK CHAN, they look adorable together, if they ever dated that would be beyond cute :love:

I loved all the picture tags like "Queen Yu-na" and "P-Chiddy", I was LOL with that one. She edited the video very well! I think she shoudl date Taka-kun

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I loved all the picture tags like "Queen Yu-na" and "P-Chiddy", I was LOL with that one. She edited the video very well! I think she shoudl date Taka-kun

No Mao and Taka have to date! Mirai and Patrick would be better (can you imagine the things they would say?) but there's also pictures of Mirai and Adam and they look pretty cute together too. I also think Mirai and Oda would look good together but Oda is kinda old for her so yeah.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I saw Mirai's worlds interview in Japanese and she was really sad and said "I would like to go home...." I was sorry for her, but that was kind of adorable, too.