NHK Entries | Golden Skate

NHK Entries

euterpe

Medalist
The NHK Official Site is showing these changes in Pairs:

Ding/Ren (2nd scoring event) OUT
Shen/Zhao (non-scoring event) IN

I thought once the seeded skaters were scheduled to compete, they picked their non-scoring event and after that, the schedule couldn't be changed. Shen/Zhao were never scheduled to skate at NHK, now they are skating as a non-scoring event, and Ding/Ren are out.

The ISU PAIRS schedule still shows Ding/Ren.

They are not listed in the ISU site.

Maybe they want more practice in front of audience and judges before Worlds.

In NHK it would only place Langois and Archetto down a notch, so it isn't strategy.

Joe

A lot is on the line in this competiton. Kirk, Onda and Suguri are all in the running to make the GP final. Kirk and Onda will make the finals if they make the podium. Liashenko needs only 5th place to make the GP finals. Fumie probably needs second place or better. Sebestyen (not skating in NHK) is on the bubble with 14 points, if one of these four falters. (Cohen and Arakawa are in already.)

Mathman

I think this is the first year, we've gotten so excited about the NHK. It's all about who will be the 6 finalista in just about all the divisions. Must watch this one.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
I agree Joe, this is a must watch ... the only problem is, that the GPF will be over before we even see NHK! Darn ABC!!!

I can deal with the competitions being a week behind, but this season is so stretched out, it's ridiculous. IMO, this really makes it harder to get people to believe that figure skating is a sport. What other sport gets delegated to all their competitions being shown on tape instead of live?
It just really aggravates me because I love skating so much, and find it immensely exciting. Just wish we could get others to feel the same way.

euterpe

Medalist
More changes to NHK:

Shen/Zhao OUT, Ding/Ren IN.

This could definitely change which Pairs make it to the Final. Langlois/Archetto or Wakamatsu/Fecteau now have a chance, if either wins silver or better and the Poles finish third or lower.

Diana Poth of Hungary has been added to the Ladies event, replacing Irina.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
According to the GPF standings posted on the ISU website (page 2), Jenna McCorkell (#27 as of today's listing) has an "X" in the NHK column.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But here is the list of the actual ENTRIES:

1 Michelle CURRIE CAN
2 Dan FANG CHN
3 Susanna POYKIO FIN
4 Anne Sophie CALVEZ FRA
5 Diana POTH HUN
6 Yoshie ONDA JPN
7 Yukina OTA JPN