2010 Grand Prix Assignments | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2010 Grand Prix Assignments

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I expect that at least some skaters will keep their options open by accepting GP assignments now and then withdraw during the summer or fall after they decide not to compete any more.

I am sure that's the case. Many skaters haven't yet decided. It is bad for the skaters next in turn or for fans planning to watch a certain GP event live. But how do you question a skater who WD due to an injury?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Rohene Ward passed ISI 10, AFAIR. "

Rohene is the most amazing skater. I miss seeing him at our rink in Mpls; I heard he moved to Chicago. That man is such an artist -- as well as an athlete...the ability to turn in both directions. And that spiral! Unbelievable.

I love, love Rohene's skating; just wish he could keep his nerves in check.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
They are reporting over at FSUniverse that the Grand Prix assingments will be released tomorrow. Somebody got it off the USFSA Twitter account.

sorcerer

Final Flight
I am sure that's the case. Many skaters haven't yet decided. It is bad for the skaters next in turn or for fans planning to watch a certain GP event live. But how do you question a skater who WD due to an injury?
Yes, if it's due to real injury, well ... no one can help it.
But the "many" aren't the ones injured .... just the pondering ones.

We'll see tomorrow, but theoretically, two of the top six still pondering (one probably not participating) will be on the GP assignment list since the federations havn't announced their "not participating".
Seeded skaters' allotment might end up in lop-sided distribution by October ... but maybe not. Let's see the outcome.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Man, to be a fly on that wall in the meeting. I've always wondered how much politicking goes on for GP assignments. I'll wager money on the Zaretski's getting Cup of Russia, though.

seniorita

Record Breaker
In fsu they twitted SKate Canada and the answer they got is that they will be announced tommorow morning at 9am european (barcelona) time
it is sunday, I wanna sleep:mad:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It's 6 hours later there than on the east coast. So 9:00 AM there is 3:00 AM here.

We can pour over the assignments with our morning coffee.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It's 6 hours later there than on the east coast. So 9:00 AM there is 3:00 AM here.

We can pour over the assignments with our morning coffee.

Lol. I might just have to set an alarm and get up for it. I can always fall right back asleep after. This is sad. Like at nationals when I stayed up all night to watch Ashley skate her SP, and when I woke up at 5am to watch GPF coverage :). Lame?