Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds | Golden Skate

Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds

gmyers

Record Breaker
Obviously hope he gets better from the mystery problem.

Terrible for Russia likely no one in the top 10 and loss of two spots for 2011.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Alexei Mishin: "Plushenko is experiencing pain in the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel and a quadruple toe loop"

Yevgeny Plushenko's coach Alexei Mishin has confirmed that the rejection of speech figure skating at the World Cup due to medical contraindications.

"Zhenya still wanted to speak, and I had the mood for a successful performance in Turin. But doctors ordered Eugene skating with extremely high loads. He feels pain in the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel and a quadruple toe loop. These jumps doctors recommended be deleted from skating. Train him, however, allowed. But classes will be held in lightweight mode.

Eugene did an MRI scan. We specifically do not pass this analysis to Vancouver to Eugene realized his dream - was involved in his third Olympics. But now, when the intensity of the struggle was asleep, had to go into this procedure. Threads were no more, that the world championship will have to miss, it became clear immediately ", - quotes Mishina Infox.ru.
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/69685276.htmlhttp://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/69685276.html

Ah well, I m praying for Dai now , with plush, weir and lamby out and Takahiko to medal:)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
An inspired Voronov can make it to the top 10. But I wonder if he has been training or has the right motivation after the humilliating loss of his olympic spot. Anyways, both Sergei and Borodulin can easily finish between the 11 and
16th range and still retain two spots with the right combo of placements (a 14th-15th will mean 29 points and no second spot).

As for Evgeni. Worlds was never on his comeback plans, Gold at Vancouver was definetly the only goal. I'm actually surprised it took this long to announce his withdrawal.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Can Borodulin go up four spots from 13 to 9 maybe with the witdrawls.

I was reading Alena Leonova's blog and she skated at the same place Voronov did and after Euros he stopped going so I don't know what kind of shape he is in. Probably not competitive shape.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Can Borodulin go up four spots from 13 to 9 maybe with the witdrawls.

28 points for them in all is enough I think for two spots in 2011. I always forget about the qualification rules :eek:hwell:

I was reading Alena Leonova's blog and she skated at the same place Voronov did and after Euros he stopped going so I don't know what kind of shape he is in. Probably not competitive shape.

Sad if that is so, but isn't an optimist skater always training hard if he/she is a substitute. Especially now with so many plausible withdrawals. Go Voronov :clap:

Wicked

Final Flight
I thought Plush would surely come to Worlds because he was a lock to win it.

Darn. I was looking forward to seeing Evgeni. He is by far the most consistent skater of the bunch.

This puts Daisuke Takahashi in the unenviable spot as the most probable skater to win Worlds 2010. This could make a skater very nervous. Can Dai handle it?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Well my biggest shock was Worlds 2005 withdrawal. This one did nothing much for me, I wasn't really expecting him to skate here until this Monday when they said it officially. Then i thought, oh he will go at the end. I guess he was serious about it cause on Stephane's journal and the reports they say he was kept doing quads and triples in Art on ice tour.

But if this knee had a mouth it would swear at him:laugh:, I hope it is nothing serious. I dont want to see Plush not be able to walk when he is 40, he has to let it go and skate in shows with more freedom.
I will be cheering for Takahashi for the gold now!:clap:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Darn. I was looking forward to seeing Evgeni. He is by far the most consistent skater of the bunch.

This puts Daisuke Takahashi in the unenviable spot as the most probable skater to win Worlds 2010. This could make a skater very nervous. Can Dai handle it?

I'm extremely nervous for him. Given his talents and resume, he would be the most deserving champion among the contestants, but I doubt he will put two clean programs. If he falters, and Nobu takes it all, I'll be terribly upset.

gmyers

Record Breaker
When Dai was number one at the Grand Prix Final and then plunged to five was that nerves or old injury?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I don't believe Plushenko has an injury.

I will be happy if he is not, but really as long as you do not provide a link for it...

He could have withdrawn earlier in the month, not after federation anounced it officially 3 days ago. And it is not like he was injured free all season amd injured himself just today. They didnt announce that anyway. He was already in injections for months and now it took its toll, after 10 back to back shows in Swiss also. If he was afraid to compete he would stay home after 2006, hugging his gold medal and eating pizza and would not risk health and everything else to reach Vancouver and skated with a mash potato knee. I had said I think he had no motivation to go to Worlds, for what, a 4th gold? And now, decided or forced that it doesnt worth the risk.

Last edited:

Toby1Dawg

Rinkside
I thought Plush would surely come to Worlds because he was a lock to win it.

I agree with ChuckM. Plushenko was far from being a lock to win and he and his coaches know it. With all the whinning and complaining after his Vancouver results have caused even more dissection of his programs. This has put even more pressure on judges to justify giving him the scores he would need to win. Had he been just a good sport and a classy champion, he would have still gotten high PCS for standing/posing, hip grinding, and blowing kisses. Now the whole world has broken down his programs and magnified the weaknesses. If he's really injured, I hope he heals fast and comes back next year with high scoring programs under the current rules.

bibi24

Final Flight
Sad news, I enjoy Yevegeni's performance every time he steps on the ice.

Hoping for a full recovery and best of luck to him.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. The Worlds roster has been a roller coster. I assumed Evegeni would not go to worlds after Vanvouver, an was very surprised . I assumed he was only doing it for an easy win. I wonder what exactly his injury is and question how Evegeni can think he can continue until Sochi considering his poor physical health.

Now the gold is literally wide open. I wonder if Evan and Johnny are rueing thier decisions to skip worlds. Th Mens event just got VERY interesting.