TV Alert Today 3/19 - Thin Ice!!! | Golden Skate

TV Alert Today 3/19 - Thin Ice!!!

:clap: I thought the judges got it pretty much right. It was funny to me that Kristi was the strictest judge and Dick Button the most generous. :laugh:

I wanted to vote for Shizuka and Stephane, but 9n order to vote at ABC.com you have to sign up for something. :thumbsdown:

I won't say anything more at the moment because of West Coast spoilers. :) But it was a fine show. :yes:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Notably good: Michael and Marie-L, and Shae-Lynn and John Z. Enjoyed it, Kristi is just so charming...no wonder she has gotten so far.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted to vote for Shizuka and Stephane, but 9n order to vote at ABC.com you have to sign up for something. :thumbsdown:
Math I voted and it was no different than logging into GS. You get 5 votes.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Shiz did an Ina B into a triple sal double toe double toe.
Stephane did a quad toe with a hand down.

Stephane is really effeminate. He said when he landed the quad the first time he was screaming for his mom, mommy did you see that. OMG.
Stephane: "not very often you see quad" an obvious dig at our current Gold Medalist and sometime model.

What's his face kept on saying "lam bi elllle"

This show is so queso-y. :unsure:

Certainly not overwhelmed. The competition itself, you know, is not serious but a put together funfest. I think all the personalities, including the judges, enjoyed it more than I did.
I predict the Final will not be much better. Do you think there will be props? Oh yes, Michael Weiss to win!!! He has the six-pack.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Lambiel does "quad jump" - and his team still does not win? :sheesh:

How is this possible? :think:

What is wrong with skating? Did someone forget to tell Kristi, Kati and Dick that "quad jump" must always win? Were the judges paid off :unsure:

This show will never be a hit in Russia :cry:

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Notably good: Michael and Marie-L, and Shae-Lynn and John Z. Enjoyed it, Kristi is just so charming...no wonder she has gotten so far.

"Uncle" Dickie was back with his "rusty hoot" comment. :lol: Always good to see Kurt. I'm glad the ISU (or was it Skate Canada) let Joannie skate her tribute to her mother.

I miss the serious pro competitions, but we still enjoyed watching this. Looking forward to Sunday evening's show.

Wicked

Final Flight
Shae-Lynn and John were smoking hot. Elena seemed so uncomfortable with David. She seemed really uncomfortable during the interview segment where she was talking about Salt Lake too.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyone cares to tell what this show/comp is about? I know there are lots of well known former eligible skaters competing in a friendly way somehow.

Too lazy to find out by myself :p

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Anyone cares to tell what this show/comp is about? I know there are lots of well known former eligible skaters competing in a friendly way somehow.

Too lazy to find out by myself :p

The show seems to be based on the idea of combining unlikely partners, pro skaters who have never skated with each other before, and some of them partnering with someone who used to compete in a discipline different from their own. There are three other pro skaters who are the judges: Katerina Witt, Dick Button, and Kristi Yamaguchi. The marks are on a scale from 1 to 10. Kurt Browning does not judge; he is the host. Viewers are invited to vote on ABC.com, but they have to register to do so.

I particularly wanted to watch to see Joannie skate her tribute, and yes, it brought tears to my eyes. Kurt asked her after that if the skating helped her to heal, and she said that yes, she felt closest to her mother when she was skating, so it was the best medicine for her. I am so very glad that the ISU allowed her to do this. She skated at the very end of the show, and afterwards, the other skaters gave her a group hug.

waxel

Final Flight
TERRible show. Bad choreography, bad costumes, meh skating ... unspeakable hair. Not even good enough to be called a cheesefest.

I thought there was a slim chance this might warm TV audiences and encourage more pro competitions. Quite the opposite. Potential promoters and networks will flee.

The show seems to be based on the idea of combining unlikely partners, pro skaters who have never skated with each other before, and some of them partnering with someone who used to compete in a discipline different from their own. There are three other pro skaters who are the judges: Katerina Witt, Dick Button, and Kristi Yamaguchi. The marks are on a scale from 1 to 10. Kurt Browning does not judge; he is the host. Viewers are invited to vote on ABC.com, but they have to register to do so.
You forgot to say no skater nor viewer can take this seriouslyl It's a made for TV Funfest. I wonder what the skating celebs were paid and more important, what kind of ratings it got.
Who bothered to vote, and why?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought is was a fun show. Although they did not skate as pairs, I enjoyed Stephane and Shizuka's performance the most. Also, Shizuka looked beautiful.

Who bothered to vote, and why?

I bothered to vote for Arakawa and Lambiel in order to show North American hospitality and appreciation to our international guests. :yes:

Lambiel does "quad jump" - and his team still does not win?

How is this possible?

:laugh: Well, I think it was under-rotated, plus the hand down. So he probably got only 4.0 base value -2.00 GOE = 2.00 for the element.

Also, Shizuka two-footed the first jump of her 3-2-2 combo. ;)

Elena seemed so uncomfortable with David. She seemed really uncomfortable during the interview segment where she was talking about Salt Lake too.

Maybe she is not very comfortable doing interviews in English. IIRC Anton always did most of the talking when they were interviewed together on American TV.

It seems like what the judges were looking for was the best dancing. That is probably why the show led off with Bourne and Zimmerman and closed with Dubreuil and Weiss. Berezhnaya and Pelletier were at a disadvantage because David can't dance. :laugh: The only way they could have got in it was to do a really solid pairs routine.

Same with Shizuka and Stephane. They were two singles skaters sharing the ice, but they did not skate together (at least their split jumps should have been in unison.) They would have had to hit a home run to get the high scores that the real dancers got.

(OT. Does Jamie Sale have a habit of turning her head like a praying mantis -- just swiveling the neck while keeping the body still.? I think I will put up a poll on this burning question. :yes: )