Ladies Preview | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Preview

sorcerer

Final Flight
If you rewatch Miki's performance without prejudice, I think not a few of you may have a sligtly different view.
It was yes, tentative but skated with a lot of affection and care, with subtle but refined details.
IMO some prejudice come from that biased and disrespectful NBC commentater, and the now common Morozov bashing trend, etc.

Of course she always has room to improve and Miki herself knows and speaks about it.
F'rinstance she said she aims to have more pep and speed in the coming Worlds.

This is a bit off topic, but I don't know a more cruel torment to a teenage girl than the one Miki received after Turin Olys from the tabloid media, the hate mails sent to her, web hate posts....
It's not surprising that she became very nervous about the memories of her failure.
So I wouldn't name that tentativeness in Vancouver as "watering down" a program ....

But I'll respect every type of opinion.

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
If you rewatch Miki's performance without prejudice, I think not a few of you may have a sligtly different view.
It was yes, tentative but skated with a lot of affection and care, with subtle but refined details.
IMO some prejudice come from that biased and disrespectful NBC commentater, and the now common Morozov bashing trend, etc.

Of course she always has room to improve and Miki herself knows and speaks about it.

This is a bit off topic, but I don't know a more cruel torment to a teenage girl than the one Miki received after Turin Olys from the tabloid media, the hate mails sent to her, web hate posts....
It's not surprising that she became very nervous about the memories of her failure.
So I wouldn't name that tentativeness in Vancouver as "watering down" a program ....

ITA. You are right and Miki is 21 right??? I think it come to the age where a skater start losing the jumps with the new rules being so strict, no wonder we are seeing less 3+3 these days. You got to wonder what will happen the next 2-3 years. Well Yuna still have her 3+3? What about Mao and her 3A? Too bad the skating career for women are very short.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Maybe we American Ladies fans will have a silver lining at worlds because if Mirai and Rachael duplicate their 4-7 placements from Vancouver, or better, we get our 3rd berth back!!!!!

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Maybe we American Ladies fans will have a silver lining at worlds because if Mirai and Rachael duplicate their 4-7 placements from Vancouver, or better, we get our 3rd berth back!!!!!

YEAH!! And I am very certain that it is going to happen!!!

chloepoco

Medalist
I'm glad to see that Mao still has Shanetta with her for this competition--it'd be sad if she didn't have anyone to sit with her in the K&C!

treeloving

Medalist

Totally Agree:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go Miki!

enoh

Rinkside
Go Mao! Can't stand Dianna Kim's super-inflated scores.

But Yuna's Queen now, you know, no less, with more fitting fluff coming. In order for Mao to "go," she should get "super-inflated" scores as well. Thought you couldn't stand that :p Just joking... This is my bitterness sensor working :biggrin:

Artistry

On the Ice
I'm rooting for her because her skating moves me, and because she does what no one else among women can, and also because I think the judges have been very stingy with her as compared with others.

ryoko

Rinkside
I'm rooting for her because her skating moves me, and because she does what no one else among women can, and also because I think the judges have been very stingy with her as compared with others.

Oh. Okay. Lowerthelore just asked Watchvancouver, so..................
You just told us Artistry=Watchvancouver. :rofl:
Why don't you just stick to one ID? It will make things easier for everyone :biggrin:
And I bet you are UM84, too. Because there's no one else who has been fussing over "Diana Kim."
Nobody calls her by "Diana." Get it over with.
What a shame.

Last edited:

RumbleFish

Rinkside
Oh. Okay. Lowerthelore just asked Watchvancouver, so..................
You just told us Artistry=Watchvancouver. :rofl:
Why don't you just stick to one ID? It will make things easier for everyone :biggrin:
And I bet you are UM84, too. Because there's no one else who has been fussing over "Diana Kim."
Nobody calls her by "Diana." Get it over with.
What a shame.

:laugh:
So, Artistry=Watchvancouver=UM84?
This looks like a freakin algebra equation.

Why the hell anyone would need to have multiple IDs anyway? :think:
Perhaps to do something like this?

Artistry: Kim gets crazy high scores! It's konspiracy!!
Watchvancouver: ITA, Kim thinks she is a queen. Let's call her Diana. lol
UM84: Kim is buying judges and is hated by all skaters!
Artistry: Unlike Kim, Mao never complains and always challenges new stuff. She wuzrobbed!!

You people, oh let me rephrase, you (as in singular) are fecking hilarious. :rofl:

Last edited:

ryoko

Rinkside

Why the hell anyone would need to have multiple IDs anyway? :think:
Perhaps do something like this?

Artistry: Unlike Kim, Mxx never complains and always challenges new stuff. She wuzrobbed!!

You people are fecking hilarious. :laugh:

:rofl:
UM84 was one and only user who brought up the "Diana" topic to Golden skate. He/she was quoting after Orser. Orser was saying being with Yuna in Korea is like traveling with princess Diana. No fans call her "Diana."
Hey, but it's okay.
If you have two IDs, why not another one?

I think it's time for a new nickname, Artistry.
I mean, Watchvancouver. :laugh:

Robeye

Final Flight
:rofl:
:laugh:

Artistry: Unlike Kim, Mao never complains and always challenges new stuff. She wuzrobbed!!

You people are fecking hilarious. :rofl:

Wish I had a license to sell anti-psychotics online. I'd have three customers already :rofl: And I'd save on postage because they'd all be mailed to the same address :rofl:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Caro is here, right? I am getting nervous for her. Hope she can do a Brian Joubert here.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Caro is here, right? I am getting nervous for her. Hope she can do a Brian Joubert here.

Yes, she's here. Who knows what she'll do, I doubt pull an Oda though because her SP is normally at least decent, if she implodes, it will be in the LP.