Ladies Preview | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Preview

RumbleFish

Rinkside
:rofl:

Wish I had a license to sell anti-psychotics online. I'd have three customers already :rofl: And I'd save on postage because they'd all be mailed to the same address :rofl:

Make it four customers.
Because I see "Bennett" is trying desperately to to turn away attention from us by pushing us out of the last page.
Oh like, she/he cares so much about Carolina Kostner.
:laugh:

Sazzy

Rinkside
:rofl:

Wish I had a license to sell anti-psychotics online. I'd have three customers already :rofl: And I'd save on postage because they'd all be mailed to the same address :rofl:

OMG I'm finally caught up to speed. This thread will probably make more sense now reading it backwards :D

Personal preference - I'd like to see clean programmes from Yu-Na, Mirai, Racheal and Carolina.

On a side note, can't believe how nail-bitingly close and exciting this world championship's has been in all disciplines.

cooper

Medalist
Oh. Okay. Lowerthelore just asked Watchvancouver, so..................
You just told us Artistry=Watchvancouver. :rofl:
Why don't you just stick to one ID? It will make things easier for everyone :biggrin:
And I bet you are UM84, too. Because there's no one else who has been fussing over "Diana Kim."
Nobody calls her by "Diana." Get it over with.
What a shame.

Eh. They had some multiple accounts in Youtube too. I'm not even surprised. LOL.

As I said before, ghostnic alert! :laugh:

Robeye

Final Flight
Make it four customers.
Because I see "Bennett" is trying desperately to to turn away attention from us by pushing us out of the last page.
Oh like, she/he cares so much about Carolina Kostner.
:laugh:

I thought you cared about Carolina? Aren't you backing her for silver? :p

Robeye

Final Flight
Oh, I like Carolina.
Figure skating would become so boring without her.
She will have SOHL and make $peedy fricken proud.

I think Mao is going to be loaded for bear, so forgive my skepticism about Caro placing higher. My take on Carolina is that she's a great frontrunner (eg Euros, where she was still the marquee name), but has trouble breaking to the front from the middle of the pack.

Like the "$peedy"; it's almost like an ideogram :laugh:

miki88

Medalist
Ok. This thread is going into interesting directions..........
In my opinion, I think if Carolina manages to finally skate to her potential, she may just challenge for the gold. She has the speed to rival Yuna and the judges love her as they are always generous with her PCS no matter how much she bombs. She was 2nd in 2008 with less than perfect performances, so I wonder how far she will go if she actually do skate clean for once. And plus, she does have hometown advantage. :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ok. This thread is going into interesting directions..........
In my opinion, I think if Carolina manages to finally skate to her potential, she may just challenge for the gold. She has the speed to rival Yuna and the judges love her as they are always generous with her PCS no matter how much she bombs. She was 2nd in 2008 with less than perfect performances, so I wonder how far she will go if she actually do skate clean for once. And plus, she does have hometown advantage. :)

I think if she skates well, she might end up in a Jeremy Abbott situation. Her PCS this season have been high enough, but where she keeps bombing I think she has to really prove herself in order to get top PCS marks. If she is perfectly clean, then yeah, most likely she'll medal, but if she performs like she did at Euros (not a meltdown, but not that great) she'll likely be in the top 10 but off the podium.

Robeye

Final Flight
I think if she skates well, she might end up in a Jeremy Abbott situation. Her PCS this season have been high enough, but where she keeps bombing I think she has to really prove herself in order to get top PCS marks. If she is perfectly clean, then yeah, most likely she'll medal, but if she performs like she did at Euros (not a meltdown, but not that great) she'll likely be in the top 10 but off the podium.

Agree with that, but I don't think she'll be sniffing the podium here. She kind of reminds me of Asafa Powell; a great natural talent, but backs down against the best competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Agree with that, but I don't think she'll be sniffing the podium here. She kind of reminds me of Asafa Powell; a great natural talent, but backs down against the best competition.

I agree, she may redeem herself after the Olympics, but where so much went wrong 3 weeks ago, and has been going wrong all season excpet for Euros, which she only won because of PCS and it was a splatfest, I tend to think her issues are kind of deep rooted and will be hard to overcome all of a sudden. She's also likely tired, which could be good or bad.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I think at this time, top ten would be a realistic and actually better goal for Caro. Just take one step at a time.

Robeye

Final Flight
I think at this time, top ten would be a realistic and actually better goal for Caro. Just take one step at a time.

But can Carolina accept that and skate within herself to reach that goal? As miki88 mentioned, this is her hometown competition, her pride is in tatters after Olys, and her standing as the dean of European skaters is in jeopardy. Will she have the inner grit to use this negative energy to bounce back in a systematic way like Mao did earlier this year? My own view is that she is not that emotionally disciplined, and is likely to be impulsive, set extremely high expectations for herself (want to get all the way back in one go, no intermediate steps required, visions of gold hanging around her neck while giving interviews to RAI), and then crumble under the self-imposed pressure.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
But can Carolina accept that and skate within herself to reach that goal? As miki88 mentioned, this is her hometown competition, her pride is in tatters after Olys, and her standing as the dean of European skaters is in jeopardy. Will she have the inner grit to use this negative energy to bounce back in a systematic way like Mao did earlier this year? My own view is that she is not that emotionally disciplined, and is likely to be impulsive, set extremely high expectations for herself (want to get all the way back in one go, no intermediate steps required, visions of gold hanging around her neck while giving interviews to RAI), and then crumble under the self-imposed pressure.

I fear the same thing. But hey when the Olympics were in Italy she finished 9th, of course that was before her incosistency became a big issue.

Robeye

Final Flight
I fear the same thing. But hey when the Olympics were in Italy she finished 9th, of course that was before her incosistency became a big issue.

But that's just my forebrain talking. From a human perspective I'd like to see her have two really great skates and achieve some redemption. God knows the girl has suffered enough. I'm hoping it'll happen (my belated attempt at broadcasting some positive karma) :).

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.

Last edited:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.

Okay, let's list of your hate: You hate Patrick Chan, Yuna Kim and South Korea. I have to check your other posts to find out what else.

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
Okay, let's list of your hate: You hate Patrick Chan, Yuna Kim and South Korea. I have to check your other posts to find out what else.

I don't hate Diana Kim. She's a great skater with strong technical content. I just feel she's way overrated compared to Mao. Mao is artistic and she can do 3 3As! I'm rooting for Mao, not Diana!

Regarding South Korea, I just found the current Diana-phenomenon is amusing. It's on par with the idiotic reality-show mentality in the U.S.

Chan, yeah, I do hate him, a talentless cheater.

purplegirl

Rinkside
wow ... there is chan bashing even on the ladies thread. i think i need to visit a patrick chan fan site to balance all this out!! back to ladies skating please ...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't hate Diana Kim. She's a great skater with strong technical content. I just feel she's way overrated compared to Mao. Mao is artistic and she can do 3 3As! I'm rooting for Mao, not Diana!

Regarding South Korea, I just found the current Diana-phenomenon is amusing. It's on par with the idiotic reality-show mentality in the U.S.

Chan, yeah, I do hate him, a talentless cheater.

Mao was better as a 14 year old than she is now, and Yuna has improved leaps and bounds since she was 14, that is the difference I think. Also, Mao CAN be artistic, but her programs this season don't showcase her artistry and really just don't suit her at all. Her exhibition piece is lovely though.

miki88

Medalist
Where did the Diana Kim come from? :confused:
Mao was better technically when she was younger. However, in terms of overall polish and sophistication in her skating, she is better now. The problem is that her programs don't showcase this well. However, her exhibitions do. I will consider Mao at 16-17 as her best period so far where the technical and the artistic aspects of her skating came together very well.