42 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN

Warm-Up Group 8

43 Samuel CONTESTI ITA

44 Brian JOUBERT FRA

45 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL

46 Michal BREZINA CZE

47 Adam RIPPON USA

48 Denis TEN KAZ

Qualification rule: The best 24 skaters after Short Program will advance to the next segment.

Paolo Bacchini has withdrawn, :cry: but I don´t know why :confused:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Oh too bad. I really wanted to see Paolo Bacchini again ;(

The final group is gonna be so anticlimatic after all the big guns are scheduled in the next to last group.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Oh too bad. I really wanted to see Paolo Bacchini again ;(

The final group is gonna be so anticlimatic after all the big guns are scheduled in the next to last group.

Lol yeah. Specially after Abott, Oda, Taka, Chan and Kozuko. Only Brian is a contender and he definitely need to prove himself again. I am wondering Brain without a quad, 3Lz, 3F+3T, 3A will be enough to make it to the final group??? He still have enough PCS advantage as a former world champ thou.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Lol yeah. Specially after Abott, Oda, Taka, Chan and Kozuko. Only Brian is a contender and he definitely need to prove himself again. I am wondering Brain without a quad, 3Lz, 3F+3T, 3A will be enough to make it to the final group??? He still have enough PCS advantage as a former world champ thou.

Lol, undeserved PCS IMO. It's hilarious, whenever my parents watch skating with me, whenever Joubert comes on they go, "What's that football player doing out there?" :laugh: . Joubert seems to be having problems with the quad and the 3lz lately, hope he redeems himself. Warm up groups 5 and 6 also have some skaters to watch.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I just checked the time schedule and I had not realized they start so early, it seems I llwatch from the group that starts with Fernandez :(

Where is this skater Macypura you had told me to watch out? :) why he isnt skating for slovakia?

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
All practice reports coming out of Torino, that are focused on Brian have indicated that Brian is strong and is landing all of his quad and lutz jumps in practice. My birthday is Friday, and all I want for my birthday is for Brian Joubert to win the world title!!!

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I just checked the time schedule and I had not realized they start so early, it seems I llwatch from the group that starts with Fernandez :(

Where is this skater Macypura you had told me to watch out? :) why he isnt skating for slovakia?

He probably retired, he's 25 and never got good results at competitions.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
All practice reports coming out of Torino, that are focused on Brian have indicated that Brian is strong and is landing all of his quad and lutz jumps in practice. My birthday is Friday, and all I want for my birthday is for Brian Joubert to win the world title!!!

Glad to here it :agree:! However, I think the biggest question for Brian will be, can he overcome his pride? I sure hope so. Brian and I have the same birthday :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
happy birthday :) I have my birthday on Sunday, so it is the gala day and I have no wishes for it. It will be a nerve - free gift:p
I thought Macypura was much younger and Mathman had promised me he would be olympic silver medalist:scowl:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Thanks for posting! Which group skates early and which is the later? Wondering what time to set my alarm for.....

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow group 7 is packed with medal condendors. Good that Abbott is skating pretty early, less time to play head games.

Very curious about the new blood in Men's Singles: Amodio, Michal, Ten and Javier. They have nothing to worry about because they are not expected to podium.

I'll bet a cookie that one of them slips onto the podium.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Very curious about the new blood in Men's Singles: Amodio, Michal, Ten and Javier. They have nothing to worry about because they are not expected to podium.

I'll bet a cookie that one of them slips onto the podium.

It better be Michal :love: I love the Czech's and no Verner here so Michal better podium. He has the best 3a of all the men, he just has to focus on not making dumb, costly mistakes in the last minute of his programs like he usually does.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting! Which group skates early and which is the later? Wondering what time to set my alarm for.....

Here's the schedule

All times are Italian time, which is GMT + 1, right? So subtract five if you're in NY; eight if you're in LA, or something in between if.... you're somewhere in between.

That sentence sounded smarter in my head.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
happy birthday :) I have my birthday on Sunday, so it is the gala day and I have no wishes for it. It will be a nerve - free gift:p
I thought Macypura was much younger and Mathman had promised me he would be olympic silver medalist:scowl:

Macypura? Well, he does look young but according to his ISU bio http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00008194.htm his PB total score is 174 so I think that was wishful thinking on Mathman's part. He has never been medalist material, except obviously in Slovakia

I do wish we could have a thread with both The Order of Skate together with the Time Schedule!!

I don't think I will be awake in NYC to watch the first group of Men which has a few skaters I would like to see again.

The second group of Men starts with Javier and goes through the end. I can see all this, but looking in two different places, it's best to have the Schedule and Order in one thread for a quick click.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Macypura? Well, he does look young but according to his ISU bio http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00008194.htm his PB total score is 174 so I think that was wishful thinking on Mathman's part. He has never been medalist material, except obviously in Slovakia

Not even in Slovakia Im afraid, he got beaten by the new kid Peter Reitmayer , who is skating in Torino and who was sent to Nebelhron and couldnt qualify the olympic spot. I dont think we will see him next season. He only competed internationall once this season compared to the 8 he did in 2008-2009 and was dead last at Skate America. A shame , he's very very good looking :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
We arrived in Torino and met another GS girl, we stay in the best place ever, it is tradiotional building and the elevator is transparent wooden like a horror movie of Agatha Kristi and the BnB belongs to the cutest grandma ever who makes homemade breakfast!! I m so excited I m in the past Olympic city, I saw on bus a poster of Museo Olympico 2006! Whats this? I will search for the first ice cream of pistachio before Arena. I passed by the official hotel of skaters also, but i prefer the grandma!