Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

hongligl

Final Flight
I'm not even a fan of Z/Z's but they were crystal clean and had very high quality in each of their element, and I don't think their presentation is short of others' to be honest, this one and the olympic ones. I think Z/Z are doomed this season, they were given the sterotype and no matter how well they skated they just don't get the marks they deserve. poor Z/Z.

Tesla

Final Flight
You mean if Z/Z want to win a title. They've never won a World title. Pang & Tong have.

gold12345

Medalist
If Z/Z were going to bring back a short program, they should have went back to last year's. Their presentation is just always so lackluster, but I actually didn't mind last year's SP. They are SO good technically... Do they even realize that even a little emotion out there would really help their placements?

skatemom1122

Final Flight
If Z/Z were going to bring back a short program, they should have went back to last year's. Their presentation is just always so lackluster, but I actually didn't mind last year's SP. They are SO good technically... Do they even realize that even a little emotion out there would really help their placements?

I agree. Technically strong, and the TES mark reflects that. But the PCS is just a nightmare. They are lucky it's that high, honestly.

cxb

Spectator
I agree with you. Z/Z just lack of artistry, with a fair analysis. Last year's SP was created by Maria Zueva. However the big coach "Yao Bing" decided to use this untasteful SP because of its previous highest historical records. Though there might be some arguments and disagreements on the score, but unless they improve their artistry like Shen/Zhao, otherwise, it would be extremely difficult for them to pursue higher position.

hongligl

Final Flight
The only thing I could think about might be a downgrade of Z/Z's death spiral, might be a bit short of rotations? Have to wait for protocols . That sbs 3S was such a beauty, so was the twist. SBS spins were so in sync, I was thinking something around 74 at least, an insult of my "intellegence and expertise", I guess, that might be why I'm so upset:).

anyways, go D/D, go P/T!

I'm not even a fan of Z/Z's but they were crystal clean and had very high quality in each of their element, and I don't think their presentation is short of others' to be honest, this one and the olympic ones. I think Z/Z are doomed this season, they were given the sterotype and no matter how well they skated they just don't get the marks they deserve. poor Z/Z.
Their elements are fine and have always been so - very high lifts especially, but the overall performance is no more than good standard with nothing else in the way of being special. I believe the judges are becoming aware of the whole package, vis-a-vis Plushenko. Praise to be.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Well, the Germans did a double! Mukhortova & Trankov skated VERY well. GOod bounce back from Vancouver. First?

Tesla

Final Flight
Oh, that was so lovely! M/T should go into first! That was so much better than K/S. Bravo!

gold12345

Medalist
I like M/T's short program so much more than K/S's. And their performance was cleaner than K/S's.

K/S got a 73 with an eeked out throw and a bad catch on the triple twist. I don't understand. Sure, they emote better than M/T, but overall I thought M/T performed better today. Maria's 3T maybe looked underrotated, but that was it.

Last edited: